Jeep is sputtering or misfiring MORE INFO ON PG 4

Ok, so the oxygen sensors are fine as is the map sensor..that hasn't thrown any codes.

I'd check your fuel pressure and replace the fuel filter.

You could have an injector partially clogged up with a bit of trash..or it could be hung in the filter causing pressure to drop as others have mentioned.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Ok, so the oxygen sensors are fine as is the map sensor..that hasn't thrown any codes.

I'd check your fuel pressure and replace the fuel filter.

You could have an injector partially clogged up with a bit of trash..or it could be hung in the filter causing pressure to drop as others have mentioned.

Ok man fuel filter are not that much i guess tomorrow i will try and get that replaced see if that will solve my problem. Thanks man

Ok you guys drove my little brother to school this morning, Stoped to get cigs, Started it up and it was running fine So no video yet (maybe when i go to pick him up)

But when it does... Its sounds pretty much like this and the sound gets worse and fast with acceleration...

What could that be? Someone on the jeep forum said that it may be a Ignition coil and he thinks its electrical sense it seems to happen mainly after the jeep is warm and sits for a little bit "the engine is warm and once you park it, it will get a little warmer under the hood sense there is no cold air being moved through the engine compartment"

But if it was the ignition coil wouldnt it happen all the time?

Could be the coil..

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Could be the coil..

Yea Just weird anytime i had a coil fail it just wasnt so random :lol:

Do a fuel pressure test, I wouldnt think it to be a coil, you would usually see a misfire code if that went. Im thinking fuel pump from what ive read here. Its hard to diagnose over text :)

Im still going to try and rent a tester... Everyone i have talked to said its electrical or fuel related...

So That leaves me with the coil, fuel pump and fuel filter... Hoping its one of the cheaper fixes, Coil: $20, Fuel filter: $11 Fuel pump: $185.99 Not to mention the pain in my ass it would be to replace

if it sounds like that WRX i would think either spark plugs (maybe whoever put them in maybe did not gap them or were cheap plugs) or maybe coil.

Im the only one to ever lay hands on my jeep mechanically sense i have owned it, Spark plugs where installed and gaped correctly, However the wires where not Im thinking the coil, I am going to see what i can do about a wire set and coil.

Archived