Jeep is sputtering or misfiring MORE INFO ON PG 4

u still havent gotten that check engine light scanned >??

There is no check engine light, What you talking about?

I did what NDMSTANG told me and nothing... The only light i have on is my ABS cuz i fucked up a sensor

Does it only happen in the rain?

No but my moms car never starts in the rain.

I am going to be replacing the coil hopefully today

Could be the intake warped. Take some carb cleaner and spray around where the intake plentum meets the motor. The idle will increase if there is a vac leak there.

When it heats up the warping gets more extreme and causes a misfire.

06 Jeep GC 20" Boss 335's dropped 1.0in frt 1.1rear 30frt tint dbl 10rear. 2 tone custom leather. many more goodies.

Pioneer 6800UB

2 Deepcycle Exides

2 runs of 0ga, Big 3

//

DC Audio LVL4 15

Rockford Fosgate T1000bd

3.25cuft @ 35hz//

Alpine MRP240

Boston Acoustik Comps (Changing to CDT'S)

(Future - adding another LVL4 15 and a AQ2200. Powerbastard 220A

Ok guys just went out to grab lunch and IT DID IT... My cam decided to die for some reason but i got that shit on my blackberry cam.

Uploading it now. It literally started in the drive through... I pulled to the road... 20 seconds later when i pull onto the street... It quit.

Its idling pretty rough now... Almost like it has a oversized cam in it.

th_VID00027-20110509-1220.jpg

First 7 seconds of the video is where it does it, Then i sit there for 20 seconds and it goes back to idling rough. :shrug:

Im pretty much dead set on coil now... Just thought i would post a video sense i said i would. Also the sound is coming from the exhaust and not under the hood... For those wondering. Only sound you can hear under there is a loud lifter ticking away. There notorious for doing that on the 4.0 I6s from what i hear

I really think that your CEL would be on if the coil was bad. Check to see if your CEL bulb even works anymore. Just key on and see if it performs its self test.

06 Jeep GC 20" Boss 335's dropped 1.0in frt 1.1rear 30frt tint dbl 10rear. 2 tone custom leather. many more goodies.

Pioneer 6800UB

2 Deepcycle Exides

2 runs of 0ga, Big 3

//

DC Audio LVL4 15

Rockford Fosgate T1000bd

3.25cuft @ 35hz//

Alpine MRP240

Did that yesterday when I was trying to find vacuum leaks. Sprayed across the entire top.

Did that yesterday when I was trying to find vacuum leaks. Sprayed across the entire top.

Well, the intake could also be warped on the inside (seen it before on a old k truck) and causing a jump between runners.

I'm not saying its the intake, but from what you were describing prevously it sounds like a vac leak.

Pioneer 6800UB

2 Deepcycle Exides

2 runs of 0ga, Big 3

//

DC Audio LVL4 15

Rockford Fosgate T1000bd

3.25cuft @ 35hz//

Alpine MRP240

Ok guys just went out to grab lunch and IT DID IT... My cam decided to die for some reason but i got that shit on my blackberry cam.

Uploading it now. It literally started in the drive through... I pulled to the road... 20 seconds later when i pull onto the street... It quit.

Its idling pretty rough now... Almost like it has a oversized cam in it.

th_VID00027-20110509-1220.jpg

First 7 seconds of the video is where it does it, Then i sit there for 20 seconds and it goes back to idling rough. :shrug:

Im pretty much dead set on coil now... Just thought i would post a video sense i said i would. Also the sound is coming from the exhaust and not under the hood... For those wondering. Only sound you can hear under there is a loud lifter ticking away. There notorious for doing that on the 4.0 I6s from what i hear

I really think that your CEL would be on if the coil was bad. Check to see if your CEL bulb even works anymore. Just key on and see if it performs its self test.

No really, Just like you CEL does not come on if your plug wires and plugs are bad. My CEL works fine. It flashed when i pulled the codes. Check previous post.

Well, the intake could also be warped on the inside (seen it before on a old k truck) and causing a jump between runners.

I'm not saying its the intake, but from what you were describing prevously it sounds like a vac leak.

Well yesterday when i was under the hood checking for vacuum leaks. I found that 4 plug wires when not snapped onto the cap right. Once i fixed that i never heard that sound after that. Wont know for sure till i drive it today. Idk why that would cause a sound like that but i never know with a fuckin jeep

Well im still having a issue. i gotta go pick up the new coil today. Going to put it in but something tells me it might not help.

Last night i heard a knocking noise as i was slowing down so... Im hoping that its something in the suspension.

Im pretty sure my issue lies with something i did wrong, But i wont know until i replace this coil.

Sounds like the same sound im hearing...

pretty sure i got a leak somewhere... just got to find that bitch.

Today i should have the new ignition coil on, Going to check the wires and plugs make sure there all doing there job and then try and hunt this down.

Hoping my engine is still good and that knocking noise was not the engine. I could care less if its suspension. Its cheaper to fix normally :lol:

Archived