what is the best laptop

that depends on your needs

laptops change in price weekly just like most other things, there are sales, a lot of it depends on your price range and what you plan to do with it

if you plan to do any sort of graphics or gaming, then do not go to a store like walmart or best buy to get your laptop

do research, find the specs you need to accomplish what you want, then go to manufacturer sites and online companies that let you "configure" your own laptop and see which offers what you want for the best price

most of the time if a laptop or even desktop is "pre-configured" your getting screwed out of a good graphics card or processor (those are the most expensive parts to a computer and about most important) or if its all good equipment, then your gonna pay extra for not configuring it yourself (most of the time)

i personally got my laptop at toshiba direct (after a week of research finding the best deal, i get a discount from dell through school and toshiba still had more power for less)

i do graphic design, so i needed a computer with power to run the graphics programs in the manner i use them, as well as be able to do some gaming, i play crysis and crysis 2 with no trouble where as many of my friends desktops cant even play it very well, if you can play crysis on highest settings, you got yourself a powerful machine

also when helping others find laptops, toshiba has more than not had a better deal for the price

the majority of brands are just that brands, most of them carry the same equipment inside or very similar, however some brands such as sony, you will pay a bit extra just for the name, kind of like alienware, but i personally think alienware has gone downhill in quality since dell bought it

hopefully that helps a bit

You can't go wrong with anything with an i7 cpu with 4 GB ram 250+GB HDD and 17" screen with a nice video card.

Check out this site:

http://www.notebookreview.com/

Read about user reviews:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/

I like my Alienware M11x, it does everything that I need it too.

2 Rockford Fosgate Punch P3 P3D412 in a 4.75 cu. ft sealed box.

Alpine Type-R SPR-17S 2-way component 6.5"

Alpine SPR-57C 5" x 7" 2-Way Coaxial Speaker (Pair)

RF T1000-1bdCP

Alpine MRP-F300

62.5 SQ Ft. Audio Wrap

Stinger SPC122 Capacitor 1 Farad Chrome w/Blue Neon

Limo Tint All Back 5 Windows

2mgqurs.png

358c1w1.gif

computergeek.jpg

The best for you would be custom, because it suits your needs without wasting $$ on unnecessary upgrades.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

When i was looking for a laptop the few specs i was looking for were

7200rpm hard drive or SSD drive

dedicated video card

1920x1080 resolution screen anysize

hdmi output

and processor speed.

The best for you would be custom, because it suits your needs without wasting $$ on unnecessary upgrades.

Not always true. Most companies that build custom computers let you choose parts but jack the price WAY up for the service. And it's almost too hard to get your hands on cheap, quality laptop parts to bother doing it yourself.

To the OP: What are you doing on it? That's what's really gonna determine what you need and what will be the "best". Are you going to school? Traveling lots with it? Doing graphics work or playing games? Also, what size screen do you like?

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Not always true. Most companies that build custom computers let you choose parts but jack the price WAY up for the service. And it's almost too hard to get your hands on cheap, quality laptop parts to bother doing it yourself.

No, I meant if the op actually built the computer himself. I forgot that not everyone knows how to do it. NewEgg has competitive prices for good hardware.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread