Question for those in Ca or who ever

Ok so heres my problem. I did a little research last night online, I went to the Ca dmv website and checked to see what I could do. It said something about the emissions sticker or something where it tells if the vechicle is 49 or 50 state compliant. I can't find that on my car to say weather it meets only federal or federal and ca. I checked my grandparents cars just for the hell of it, one being a 97 crown vic p71 and the other being a 07 Optima. Now the 97 only met federal but not Ca. The O7 Optima met both federal and Ca standards. Now with mine being a 93 I'm guessing it wont meet both federal and ca even tho far as I know all Taurus cars are built in Chicago. But I got to thinkin and I'm not sure the Taurus would be a good car for this move. I mean I can't haul that much with it, even a small Uhaul trailer would be over its limit for towing lol. So a small truck would probly be a better idea. Or should I wait to get a ride once I get there?

Your car is fine, don't worry about the federal sticker. CA has their own system which over rides the Federal one, so you will still need to smog for CA. You can always buy a car in CA when you get here. The seller most of the times will pay for the smog before they sell it. Don't buy a used car from anybody in CA unless they have proof of smog. You will have to smog it again to change the title on the pink slip so beware of that too.

2 Rockford Fosgate Punch P3 P3D412 in a 4.75 cu. ft sealed box.

Alpine Type-R SPR-17S 2-way component 6.5"

Alpine SPR-57C 5" x 7" 2-Way Coaxial Speaker (Pair)

RF T1000-1bdCP

Alpine MRP-F300

62.5 SQ Ft. Audio Wrap

Stinger SPC122 Capacitor 1 Farad Chrome w/Blue Neon

Limo Tint All Back 5 Windows

2mgqurs.png

358c1w1.gif

computergeek.jpg

i wouldn't waste my time getting that car over here. it's much better to get a car here that will pass smog. cars that do not have the emission compliance sticker to meet california and other smog regulated states have a high tendency to not pass smog here.

My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O -

2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db

2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db

Powered by: Sundown Audio

Yeah I've pretty much decided that I would be better off sellin it then buyin something once I'm out there. So that means I'll need a new way of getting out there. I was thinking of taking greyhound out there. It's going to take a long ass time, but its way cheaper than flying. Either way tho I'll be a few miles from school and the apartments. I know I got time, but with out a ride getting from the station to where I gotta go first is going to be a bitch lol. Hmmm, do gotta figure that out some how. Kinda wishin that this school was up in Santa Rosa, got friends there. In Sacramento, I know no one really. I know some of ya fine folks live there. This is for sure going to be an adventure, I'm ready to get the hell out of this town and back into the city. Question, since this a large city....everything close by...do ya think gas mileage is as big of a factor there in Sac. as it is here in Ky? I currently drive around 70 miles 5 days a week. Don't think I'll be doin that much driving out there. Could be wrong tho.

Question, since this a large city....everything close by...do ya think gas mileage is as big of a factor there in Sac. as it is here in Ky? I currently drive around 70 miles 5 days a week. Don't think I'll be doin that much driving out there. Could be wrong tho.

You will be fine if you still within the city limits. Just don't get on any SR or major freeway hubs from 7 am - 9am and 5pm - 6:30 pm. That is rush hour traffic for you in the big city. Last time I was sitting in traffic for 45 minutes just for a 7 mile commute.

You will be fine......

2 Rockford Fosgate Punch P3 P3D412 in a 4.75 cu. ft sealed box.

Alpine Type-R SPR-17S 2-way component 6.5"

Alpine SPR-57C 5" x 7" 2-Way Coaxial Speaker (Pair)

RF T1000-1bdCP

Alpine MRP-F300

62.5 SQ Ft. Audio Wrap

Stinger SPC122 Capacitor 1 Farad Chrome w/Blue Neon

Limo Tint All Back 5 Windows

2mgqurs.png

358c1w1.gif

computergeek.jpg

Question, since this a large city....everything close by...do ya think gas mileage is as big of a factor there in Sac. as it is here in Ky? I currently drive around 70 miles 5 days a week. Don't think I'll be doin that much driving out there. Could be wrong tho.

You will be fine if you still within the city limits. Just don't get on any SR or major freeway hubs from 7 am - 9am and 5pm - 6:30 pm. That is rush hour traffic for you in the big city. Last time I was sitting in traffic for 45 minutes just for a 7 mile commute.

You will be fine......

Yeah I heard Cali traffic was insane. But damn 45 mintues for a 7 mile commute is just crazy.

So after some thinking and talkin with my grandparents I've changed my game plan. Yes I'm still planing on returning to Cali. I'll just be going closer to Santa Rosa instead of Sacramento. Reason being I've decided to go after a degree with electronics and computers rather than working on cars. I'd be able to get a much better job with a bachlers degree. Thats not to say, my love for all things automotive is gone. In fact means I'd be able to do more. Instead of going to Wyotech I have decided on Itt-Tech. I do know more about computers and electronics than I know about fixing cars. What I've learned has been about 75% self taught, where as what I know about fixing cars is about 10% self taught. When ever possible I like to teach myself about different things, sometimes works sometimes it doesn't. I don't know exactly what I'm going to take yet, but I do know that its gotta be the right thing. I'm ready to get outta here and get back to school. I know ya high school kids are lookin at me like I'm crazy.

Ok this is just insane I checked to see how much insurance would be if I got another Taurus after I move to Ca. I'm currently payin 116 here in Ky, in Ca for the same car I would be payin 36 a month. I used my old address from when I was living in Sebastopol. Thats just friggin insane.