DC Sound Lab

2 dc 2k's or 2 aq2200's

I wonder what his electrical is going to look like.

Good question. If you want to run at half ohm and rely on rise you better have a stout electrical to put behind it. To me there is NO sense in running a 1 ohm stable amp at .5 in a daily application just to hope you get more power. I can understand in a competition vehicle where you only burp one freq and know all of the variables of your particular install. When playing music your rise is going to change with every frequency in the song. You may be seeing 2 ohms one second and 13 ohms the next.

is that a cheap shot cj? :P:lol:

im seeing 13+ ohms all the time =[ FML.

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

I have 2 xl on a dc 5k I was gonna run 2 aq 3500 but having 2 amps and electrical is to much of a hastle. And want I would want to upgrade all I have to do buy2 more subs and another big amp. Oh and in my opinion 1 big amp is cooler then 2 little ones.

^^^ Or if you want some head room and have the electrical, get two DC 5k's for your future setup. Two big amps looks wayy better than one big amp... :drink40:

I have 2 xl on a dc 5k I was gonna run 2 aq 3500 but having 2 amps and electrical is to much of a hastle. And want I would want to upgrade all I have to do buy2 more subs and another big amp. Oh and in my opinion 1 big amp is cooler then 2 little ones.

^^^ Or if you want some head room and have the electrical, get two DC 5k's for your future setup. Two big amps looks wayy better than one big amp... :drink40:

i thank im doing a 5k now.. and when i want more power ill probaly get a 7.5k and farther future have 4 xl 18s in a 4th order on 2 7.5ks.. maybe 2 9ks?

i wanna have some input on wheather to get 2 dc 2ks or 2 aq2200's to power 2 xl 18s.. which will give me more power? cause dc amps seem more efficient and still have same fuse rating.. plan is to strap them @ 1ohm or just run one amp per sub @ .5ohm.. pricing on these amps are very similar also..

what is your guys opinion on 2 planet audio bb2400.1s iv heard nothing bad about them.. educate me

just wanted to throw this in. i have 2 dc 2kws and if i was to do it again i would of got the 5kw. just easier less wiring less stuff to go wrong and 1 huge amp is just sexy

2001 gmc seirra

5.3 auto 3.73 locked rear, long tube headers, offroad y pipe, duals, cai, black bear tune, 2/4 drop, 22s, rockford fosgate mods and highs and 4 ab hd 15s and a ab 750.1

1995 civic

1.5 auto slower then hell, dropped on coil overs, ex hub caps, 2 12 trunk, have 450 bucks in the car and gets 35 mpg

1992 s10

being bagged, shaved, and small stereo. right now a pile of parts

Well not an intentional cheap shot. Just upgrade your electrical already and wire that sucker down.

I wonder what his electrical is going to look like.

Good question. If you want to run at half ohm and rely on rise you better have a stout electrical to put behind it. To me there is NO sense in running a 1 ohm stable amp at .5 in a daily application just to hope you get more power. I can understand in a competition vehicle where you only burp one freq and know all of the variables of your particular install. When playing music your rise is going to change with every frequency in the song. You may be seeing 2 ohms one second and 13 ohms the next.

is that a cheap shot cj? :P:lol:

im seeing 13+ ohms all the time =[ FML.