Twigz Posted October 5, 2007 Report Posted October 5, 2007 Hi Guys, I heard this is a great amp it's rated at 1400 @ 2 ohm, but i'm kind of confused what it does at 1 ohm. My friend says this amp is under rated, and pushes out 3000 @ 1 ohm. I found a great deal on this amp but I wan't to make sure that it puts out what it says. Has anyone had any experience with this amp, and has anyone benched it? Can anyone give me any info on what it does at 1 ohm =) would be appreciated. Ok, I also went to their site and their is a 1400 which is 1 ohm, and 1400.2 which is 2 ohm. Fear The Quack! Shot at 2007-08-19
01xtreme Posted October 6, 2007 Report Posted October 6, 2007 That amp is only stable down to 2 ohms. If you want to run a lower ohm level get the .1's, or I believe they have a .05 series (.5 ohm) also. My System: Pioneer AVH-P3200BT 4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors) 8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash) 1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs) 2-18" BTL's (for now) Crescendo 3kwp (for sale) Complete rebuild coming soon...
suburban ant Posted October 6, 2007 Report Posted October 6, 2007 yeah you really should run them to what they are rated for.. my 2200s love 1 ohm, but if you go under they drain them some power.. so as long as you have a great foundation (ie. alt, batts, wiring) id try n search for a 1400.1 or sell ur sub and get somethin to play at 2, cause it really is a great amp.. i've ran mine for years and have had no problems or reasons to get rid of them. - Infiniti QX4 - - 2 Digital Designs 9917s - - Digital Designs Z1 - - Digital Designs C3b -
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.