DJ Equipment questions

Gonna be buying my first dj setup for this summer. I have some things that i picked out and i was wondering what you guys think of it.I know its not top of the line stuff but im hoping to make enough to atleast pay for it over the summer. Looking for something pretty loud and that sounds good. Not going to be doing parites over 100 people.

Speakers- Gemini GSM-3250 I can get 2 of these new for around 300

Amp- Gemini XGA-5000 Get this for around 250

Mixer- Gemini CTRL-SIX 250 anywhere you look

I havent done too much searching for a preamp but im looking in the $100 range. (any suggestions?)

Im on a poor college student budget but i think that for around 1000 this should do pretty well.

Hopefully next year ill be posting links to crown and jbl.

Thanks ya'll

Ok kool for a starter...

Questions from a pro to a rookie, what you need a preamp & why not save a little more then for turntables or cdj's?

How are you learning to DJ?

Working on my 93' Ford Bronco rebuild:

I have:
pioneer AVH-P6500
Infinity Reference 6032SI fronts
Infinity Reference 6832CF Rears

Crescendo CZ 6.5 kicks

Crescendo 1100.4

(2) DC Audio LvL 4 M2's

(1) Juicebox Blackcherry
Piece together amps & wiring

Bout to get:
Crescendo Amps

Crescendo Mids

Crescendo Tweets

Sky High Car Audio Wire

Rockford Fosgate 360.2 or .3

My Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/97426-93-ford-bronco-rebuild-full-system-body-paint/

I've dj'ed before but it was on real tables without a computer. And the preamp was going be decided on after i hooked the mixer directly to the amp. If it sounds alright then ill just leave it. Sorry, i cant really understand what you are trying to say about saving money.

The mixer from your first post is for button pusher wanna b's.... I was saying just save your $ & get your self a DJ starter kit or real mixer & some turntalbes

I have:
pioneer AVH-P6500

Crescendo CZ 6.5 kicks

Crescendo 1100.4

(2) DC Audio LvL 4 M2's

(1) Juicebox Blackcherry

Bout to get:
Crescendo Amps

Crescendo Mids

Crescendo Tweets

Sky High Car Audio Wire

My Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/97426-93-ford-bronco-rebuild-full-system-body-paint/

IMO, respectively, you can get alot better equipment than that.

I'd go with a powered setup, with a more experienced dj controller like Numark, Traktor, Hercules, or Allan & Heath. There are others out there but these carry best seller units. I personally have a Hercules Rmx Controller that I use with Virtual DJ Pro, I'm actually wanting to sell it since they've release a 4 jog wheel setup for mixing 4 tracks at once.

Also, a powered setup is generally less to have to move. I've played on pretty much everything out there, generally small dj equipment like jbl's, peavey's, b-52, except the QSC and major concert setups. Some gear out there sound like crap when blasted at high volumes. They aren't car audio speakers so they can't handle the low frequencies, like you'd expect. If you can, image those speakers being more like guitar speakers, paper cone and all.

And then there's the option of building your own speaker setup.

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

Remember this dude is a college student... I don't think he the extra funds to be throwing round for power speakers to start with. The gear he has picked is good for a starter DJ besides that controller. The gear is in his price rage & I'm guessing he can get it local. I just said save a little more money & get a DJ starter kit with a mixer & turntalbes or CDJ's. So he can learn to DJ the rite way & now become a button pusher wanna B.

I down the controllers because that lead to becoming a button pusher who just put DJ in front of some name & has no real skillz... Even doe I'm young I still went about learning the rite way 2 turntables, mixer, & headphones because I know some of these new wanna b's would be ass out in a DJ booth full of records if I take away the laptop & mouse.

I have:
pioneer AVH-P6500

Crescendo CZ 6.5 kicks

Crescendo 1100.4

(2) DC Audio LvL 4 M2's

(1) Juicebox Blackcherry

Bout to get:
Crescendo Amps

Crescendo Mids

Crescendo Tweets

Sky High Car Audio Wire

My Build

I'd stay away from the Gemini GSM gear. If budget is tight, my suggestion would be Kustom KPC series speakers with Eminence HF drivers. I'm going to be using a 4-set of the KPC12MP's for monitors with the Eminence ASD10001 HF drivers.

POTATO!