Sundown Audio

when setting my amps gain do i ............

ham4864

when setting my gain on my 4ch amp what do i turn my eq volume to? Half way 3/4 of the way or all the way up?Man i wish o-scope were cheaper.(Eq is a clarion 746)

2009 bmw 5 series

Head Unit Stock

Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4

Processor- Audiocontrol LC6

Not sure how that EQ works as far as the volume knob goes, but as far as everything else turn everything on your eq to flat (No boosted frequencies) then turn your head unit up to your usual maximum listening volume and tune your amp's gains and filters. Then you can mess with your EQ. Remember, the general rule with an EQ is that you want to cut other frequencies before you'd have to boost another.

Does the volume knob affect the head unit volume or is that just for the auxiliary input it has?

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Not sure how that EQ works as far as the volume knob goes, but as far as everything else turn everything on your eq to flat (No boosted frequencies) then turn your head unit up to your usual maximum listening volume and tune your amp's gains and filters. Then you can mess with your EQ. Remember, the general rule with an EQ is that you want to cut other frequencies before you'd have to boost another.

Does the volume knob affect the head unit volume or is that just for the auxiliary input it has?

it is both when its not on aux it effects the head unit volume when its on aux it only effects the aux.

2009 bmw 5 series

Head Unit Stock

Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4

Processor- Audiocontrol LC6

Archived