Yukon on 28s LMS Ultra 18 Build

yup ill be watching.

Nothing happening system related for the next week or two. Still have the lms ultra for low end but completely redoing mids/highs with 4 sundown neo pro 8'' drivers and 6 selenium super tweets. But here is what I am working on right now...

photo-26.jpg

Shitty eagle eye headlight retro v3.0

photo3-4.jpg

No idea why this spidering on the lenses happened, either from gassing when I painted the housings, or just from hot/cold temps. Regardless, these lenses are going in the trash.

photo2-11.jpg

Really not a bad rattle can job (used to be chrome inside), held up for almost 2 years now.

photo1-9.jpg

Completely broken down, such a pain in the ass. The butyl sealant is just a bitch to try to work with let alone remove.

photo4-2.jpg

And it wouldn't be worth it without a little bloodshed, these fucking headlights better be worth it when I am done...

Plan is to remove the CCFL rings, bondo the gap or just add another shroud, have my paint guy respray with a real nice gloss gloss black, add some FX bi-xenon projectors, and then lastly seal them up with a pair of good old factory OEM lenses I have laying around. (my house is like a headlight graveyard no joke)

Also I took the 8s off, I learned a pretty expensive lesson, and I will share it with you all for free. 28 inch rims on 25 series tires aren't for daily driving. Still want to go bigger (30s have reasonable tire sizes available unlike 8s) but thats still up for debate.

teamsundown-1.jpg

I gotta say, I freaking love your Yukon! Its sick! I like it sitting high and pretty.

http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL

2002 Chevy Blazer

Substage: Shhh, its a secret ;)

Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon

Amp:MTX 92001

Wire:1/0 Welding cable

Electrical:Stock

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you..

Here try this...

"Hey hows it going :)( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???"

Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE)

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

yup ill be watching.

Also I took the 8s off, I learned a pretty expensive lesson, and I will share it with you all for free. 28 inch rims on 25 series tires aren't for daily driving. Still want to go bigger (30s have reasonable tire sizes available unlike 8s) but thats still up for debate.

Even 6s are expensive. I learned the same lesson, but mine had 35 series tires.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

• 6 months later...

Got some pieces finished up for the passenger door. Once that one is all put back together then the last door to be done will be driver side and then I am finished with all the doors... Simple, clean, still looks stock, and has 8's hidden in stock locations.

photo10.jpg

photo8.jpg

photo9.jpg

Also finally decided where I am going to place my amps. 100.4 on front, 3500D on back.

finalLMS.png

finalLMS2.png

finalLMS3.png

finalLMS4.png

finalLMS5.png

finalLMS6.png

teamsundown-1.jpg

• 1 year later...

Finally got the box upholstered... After 3 years of building from start to finish I guess I can say I am happy how it turned out. As always nothing is perfect or goes as planned... Somehow the 4 yards I gave them didn't cover the 20 square foot box... So I had to grab another 2 yards which was mistakenly a flatter different pattern grain of vinyl. Luckily it was only used on the back of the enclosure but still a little irked its not all 100%

What can you do? Anyways ****ty night time pics will have to do for now.

IMG_20140217_222250_zpsf6k5ivyz.jpg

IMG_20140218_014713_zpsneznssir.jpgIMG_20140218_122426_zpsih6cx7pq.jpg

IMG_20140218_122444_zpswlsu3aoh.jpg

IMG_20140219_231620_zpswbjjcbwr.jpg

teamsundown-1.jpg

Wow man. That box looks amazing it looks like you have a good amount of cargo space left too. That is always nice haha. What brand are those wheels? I'm considering some nice wheel just in a 22 variety for a smaller suv.

Wow man. That box looks amazing it looks like you have a good amount of cargo space left too. That is always nice haha. What brand are those wheels? I'm considering some nice wheel just in a 22 variety for a smaller suv.

Thanks bud.

They were dub swaggers. Great rims, single piece and sturdy as hell. Hit many pot holes and they held up great.

teamsundown-1.jpg

Archived