Second Skin Audio

noob needs some explanation ;)

Next weekend Ill start building my first box evar.

I got the measurements 19H, 35W and 25D (more possible on depth but then i wont be able to use my trunk, lol)

My two 12's will be splitting 1kw, gonna go for a box tuned to 34-35 Hz. How will the program know if i have my port between the subs or on one side etc? maybe it doesnt matter? The box wont have any odd shapes.

English is not my primary language and google translator failed me on these terms :/

Could someone kindly explain what (if anything) i should put in the remaining fields

torres.jpg

Thank you :)

Check out my build log!

you need ALOT more port area. you have 3.57 square inches of port per cubic foot. you need around 14. increase it by making the port wider and/or taller. also with a box that large you will need bracing so dont forget to take into account for that. and another thing, 7 cubic feet is a HUGE box for 2 12's. what subwoofers are you going to be using?

it does not matter where you put the port for tunning

it will matter for loudness like if you put the port firing into a seat vs firing into the cabin with no seat blocking it

?

your gonna tune your box to 2200 hertz?

Edited by Team Bassick (ALPINE)

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

it does not matter where you put the port for tunning

it will matter for loudness like if you put the port firing into a seat vs firing into the cabin with no seat blocking it

?

your gonna tune your box to 2200 hertz?

hes from europe so all the periods are replaced by commas.

Ive been playing around with the calculator and it seems hard to get it to 34-35 Hz without having a huge box :S The box ill build should look similar to this one, however this one has a wide ass port, and whenever i increase the port width area the Hz value rises a lot! :( So if the port is as tall as the whole box, using the box top and bottom as walls, should i set the "# of common port walls" option to 2?

Audio-Enhancers-MMATS.jpg

Right now Im at 19H 30W and 20D, the port is 17.5H 10 length but only 2" wide? (lands me at 34.46 Hz)

Lots of questions, thank lord if someone can give me answers to all of them xD

Check out my build log!