DC Sound Lab

Opinon's on a friends set up!!

He's decided on (4) lvl6 18" in blow through (through the cab) 4th order on (4) DC 9Ks and as stated above if he's not happy with that then we will be working on 6 or 8 lvl6 18" :)

^fixed. :P

id try that first, but ur call i guess :shrug: .

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

all i can say is goddang!! :popcorn:

2011 Chevy Tahoe

HU - Alpine W530

Wire - NVX (1/0 Envy Flex)

Amps - 2 DC Audio 5ks

Subs - 2 DC Audio XL18s

Alternators - Mechman (270a + stock)

Batts - 1 D3400 (front) + 4 D2700s (rear)

Bussbars - Toolmaker

Mids - ???

Tweets - NVX

I would go with number 5, 8 18's :woot:

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I vote the 4 lvl6 18s. As a dally driver its gonna blow on gas mileage already with the 24s now ur hauling a DC TANK (the enclosure) and all the batteries. Tuned in for this shit for sure either way

="Impact"]

pioneer 4200 dvd

4 sets aa carbon mids

2 sets rockford power t1 tweeters

rockford power t400.4

rockford power 4inch

DC 175.4 DC 3.5k (soon to be 2)

2 DC XL 15s

The artist formally known as willie3719

Blake, he's gonna want a couple more batteries, stripper pole, reinforced doors and roof, and do something with the windshield, cuz I see it going... I'd also stay with lvl5's, gonna have extra money for fixing everything thats gonna be breaking... This is gonna be sweet... BTW, text me when you're getting your truck so we can meet up...

This is what I was thinking. Would literally save him money for twice the subs and 2 more 9ks prolly. :peepwall:

That being said, the level 6s will rape. Why werent Neos an option btw? With all the weight, birch box > mdf. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Alright first off this isn't for me but it's a close friend of mine and he drives a 05' silverado crew cab on 24's

Here's the thing we have been back and forth on different setups so I wana see what you guys think would be the most radical, crazy set up out of the ones shown.... He has bought my 3 mechman 300a alts on top of his 270a mechman so he will have a stout electrical system not to mention he ordered 10 d3400's and has 2 d3100's up front... All wired with 2/0 welding lead so that's out of the way lol...

1) 4- 18" DC lvl6's in a wall at the B pillar on 4- DC 9Ks

2) 6- 15" DC XL's in a wall at the B pillar on 2- DC 9Ks

3) 4- 18" DC lvl6's in a blow through the back window designed 4th order on 4- DC 9Ks keeping back seats...

4) 6- 18" DC lvl6's in a blow through the back window designed 4th order on 6- DC 7.5Ks keepin back seats....

5) 8- 18" DC XLs in a blow through the back window designed 4th order on 2- DC 12Ks or 4- DC 7.5Ks??

Just a few ideas that he's said he liked... I think he really wants to try to keep his back seat but he's worried about how much it will take at the C pillar ti get as loud as 4- lvl6's on 35k at the B pillar will be...

Anyways all he's waiting on is subs and amps but can't make up his mind so hopefully this will help!!

Thanks guys

Blake

I say #5 with the 4 7.5k's

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW....GOOD

New Build COMING!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

@ boiler - Agh it won't be that bad about the same as mine lol and well yea mine was only playing a week and I demolished my roof braces an 7 layers of deadner, but as far as the system he decided on 8- 18" XLs on 4- 5ks in the 4th order blown through the back window....

Once I get my 9ks in and all the steel on the roof and floor we are doing a stripper pole in mine as well and then we'll see what happens, my window doesn't move much even @157db

*2013 NEW BUILD*

12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall

4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks

40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns

3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts

tons of audiotechnix wire

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png

And he's got 14 batteries just like my set up but he also has 4- mechmans (2-270a's and 2-300a's) so he's got some power

*2013 NEW BUILD*

12- 18" Crossfire XS v2's B pillar 4th order wall

4- Crossfire 8K mono blocks

40+ pro audio mids tweeters and horns

3- Singer alternator 400a external regulated alts

tons of audiotechnix wire

24- XS Power D1400's

-TEAM XS POWER-

-TEAM CROSSFIRE-

-TDH-

tdh.png