Things that piss you off in the Car Audio world.

That's nice of them. But there are a lot of times when a shop needs to watch its overhang and knowledge and equipment aren't free. I don't charge $60 to scope but I think its a fair price.

Imagine, people are already saying you can borrow their DD1s and pay half shipping for $20-$25. For not much more, no hassle, and you let qualified people use accurate methods to correctly set your gains. Remember, if you can't do...you have to pay someone who can.

Plus...$60 < X. And X is the price of blown equipment.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

i have no problem paying someone to set my gains..hell id give 60 bucks to not blow a god knows how much the amp cost.. i was talking about my shop setting gains my ear and charging 30 bucks to do it when 90% of the time its wrong

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

That's nice of them. But there are a lot of times when a shop needs to watch its overhang and knowledge and equipment aren't free. I don't charge $60 to scope but I think its a fair price.

Imagine, people are already saying you can borrow their DD1s and pay half shipping for $20-$25. For not much more, no hassle, and you let qualified people use accurate methods to correctly set your gains. Remember, if you can't do...you have to pay someone who can.

Plus...$60 < X. And X is the price of blown equipment.

True. But maybe they could charge 60 for guys who bring outside equipment (not bought in that Shop) to get it scoped. But if you buy subs/amp in house then the scope should be thrown into the price. in other words free with the install or purchase. I think that would be a good compromise.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

i have no problem paying someone to set my gains..hell id give 60 bucks to not blow a god knows how much the amp cost.. i was talking about my shop setting gains my ear and charging 30 bucks to do it when 90% of the time its wrong

yeah thats kinda messed up. I actually got a DD1 for christmas so im good for now, but im friends with some of the guys from the shop near me so they can give me advice and suggestions and i know they know what they are talking about. The own has an account here,i think, and so does the guy i know that works there and i haven't heard them say anything that is inaccurate or ignorant, ya know.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

No, that's fairly normal. I was under the impression he just took his amp to his local car audio shop. I make money, but not like some of these 400% markups, lol.

No, that's fairly normal. I was under the impression he just took his amp to his local car audio shop. I make money, but not like some of these 400% markups, lol.

oh i gotcha, i think he did actually. not sure.... i dont know about what shops charge for what, but thats good that what i thought shops should do, is normal. haha and Some of the mark up i have seen is crazy!

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

It's probably the sole reason most shops carry JL and Kicker. One of my good high school friends also owns a shop here in town, John at Kreative Customs, and we laugh at some of the sales he makes, lol. I feel bad, but....damn. $700 for some CVR 12"s in a Kicker prefab box. Not including amp, wiring, or installation, lol.

I make most of my money doing body and paint anyways but man... :lol:

damn. i mean i guess if ppl will pay it then charge it. haha but thats ridiculous! I hate when people are so stubbern with their equipment. Like that guy you just talked about with the 700 dollar CVRs will probably swear all day that their system is way better than everyone else because he paid that much. Even if he hears a real system he will probably deny that its better. I hate trying to connivence ppl that i get the same output with half the power even when they hear my stuff and i hear theirs.

But thats just me, I hate when people tell me im wrong when im clearly not. but i will admit when i am.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

people complaining about what other people do. (like this whole thread)

let people do/say what they will. if they mess up their shit, its on them.

your complaining about what we are doing (this whole thread) .... :peepwall:

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

Archived