Lately my wife and I have noticed that we've been getting pretty bad sleep. I wake up sore and tired every morning, and I think it's more than old age. Our mattress is at least 5 years old (probably close to 7) and is an innerspring with a pillow top.

From what I've been reading, our mattress is probably at the end of its life. This would explain to me why both of us toss and turn, wake up multiple times a night and have trouble getting to sleep.

I've suffered from back problems for the last 12 or 13 years. I have been doing some research and am looking into maybe getting either a memory foam or latex mattress. Does anyone have any experience with either of these types of these mattresses?

i havent actually had experiences with either <_< unfortunately

but if i had to pick, i'd get the memory foam. i think it would provide some better support and have heard it's just like sleeping on a cloud. a sleep number bed sounds good in theory, because you can both adjust it to your liking. to me it just seems like one of those blow up air mattresses...

in short, my vote is for memory foam!

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I've read pros and cons about both (or all three if you count something like the Sleep Number). I think it mainly comes down to personal preference. I think we're gonna go look tomorrow. Not sure how much longer I can take this poor sleeping crap.

I have lower back pain as well (not sure why either...). Just a few months ago I went mattress shopping.

I tried a memory foam and it didn't feel good at all. I couldn't get use to it and spent more time rolling around trying to get comfortable.

I ended up going with a pillow topped mattress with a high spring count (something like 1500) at a lower gauge of spring (vs. a higher gauge spring and less of them) and have been quite happy. Also spent about 1/3.

Best thing, see if you can get a 30 day sleep trial and test them out.

Edited by Second Skin Rep Jon

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

I have lower back pain as well (not sure why either...). Just a few months ago I went mattress shopping.

I tried a memory foam and it didn't feel good at all. I couldn't get use to it and spent more time rolling around trying to get comfortable.

I ended up going with a pillow topped mattress with a high spring count (something like 1500) at a lower gauge of spring (vs. a higher gauge spring and less of them) and have been quite happy. Also spent about 1/3.

Best thing, see if you can get a 30 day sleep trial and test them out.

My back pain is from an old trampoline injury. I'll definitely be checking out all options. We'll probably be shopping for a while.

One mattress I did like was one similar to a Sleep Number but made by another company (can't remember who though). It had a nice pillow top on it and I was able to get it adjusted perfectly.

Only drawback was the crazy price of $3K, by the time I added a frame/foundation it was pushing $4k with tax...

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png