Second Skin Audio

countersinking subs after sub hole cut out?

I was too anxious too finish my box that i skipped countersinking and now that im taking the time for my build and fixing the box up and the car i want to countersink but i am not sure how to go about doing it.

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

someone tell him so I can know too... :peepwall:

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

found this:

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

now when you say countersinking do you mean flush mounting the sub? if so just cut another baffle with the hole slightly bigger around than your sub and smooth the edges easier to do before box is together but still not hard

head unit - pioneer DEH-P5100UB

subwoofer - nothing

speakers - powerbass components

amp - nothing

hoe.png

I'm also assuming this bit here will do for most instances.. at least for subwoofers mounting..

http://www.lowes.com/pd_299819-67702-728487.0_0__?productId=3056063&Ntt=countersink&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl__0__s%3FNtt%3Dcountersink&facetInfo=

if i added another baffle it would be trippled and be 2.75 inches thick for 2 12's not to mention the port has been rounded out so that would be the road i wont travel. and yes i do mean flush mount. countersink means basically the same thing :ehh:

a router with a 3/4 or 7/8 Rabbeting Bit is what you need

nut make sure you sub cutout is perfectly round because the bit will follow it for you counter sink

Edited by korey_hofer

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

thats what i was thinking so i went searching and the best i could find was a 5/8 bit, and yes the hole was cut out with a router and circle jig.