my car is a 98 neon and has that same engine and has that same problem. i had a cel on though for a misfire ended up being my timing belt was off by one tooth. so check your plugs,wires,plug gap, coil pack then check your timing ill bet urs is off a tooth as well

as far as switching octanes these engines piss away higher octane fuel they love cheap stuff. ive had bad results with higher end plugs they like cheap plugs,cheap wires, and cheap gas

Edited by hifonics10

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

my car is a 98 neon and has that same engine and has that same problem. i had a cel on though for a misfire ended up being my timing belt was off by one tooth. so check your plugs,wires,plug gap, coil pack then check your timing ill bet urs is off a tooth as well

as far as switching octanes these engines piss away higher octane fuel they love cheap stuff. ive had bad results with higher end plugs they like cheap plugs,cheap wires, and cheap gas

Okay thanks for the info man

2x Sundown Audio SA-15's nuff said for my little old car

1999 Plymouth Breeze Build Log

Also check your air filter. Make sure the spark plugs are good stuff like that

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang V6

Exterior: Blacked Out Taillights, Turn Signals, Side Markers-Black 18x8 Enkei ls5-6000k HID's

Interior: Blue LED Strips with Module for Music-Hardwired Beltronics RX65 with Blue LED and remote button

Sub: 2 10 inch custom subs

Amp: Hifonics BRz 2600

Wire: Knu 0 gauge

Headunit: Kenwood kiv-bt901

Damplifier: Fatmat Rattletrap

Electrical: Stock Alt/Stock Battery/Big 3

Yes, diffent gass WILL affect it, im in canada and when i go into US and get US gas, my truck runs like shit and bad gasmilage but, its also cheaper then canadian gas.

cheak plugs, i bet the electrode on them is all gone unlesd youve changed them previosly

fuel filter wont hurt gas milage, will just run like shit from not enough fuel

pu a cold air intake and an exhaust on, will get batter gas milage and some performance, its about making your engine breath better

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Also check your air filter. Make sure the spark plugs are good stuff like that

x2 on the air filter. also your cabin filter

my air filter is brand new so i know its not that. I could be my spark plugs tho because idk when those were last replaced

2x Sundown Audio SA-15's nuff said for my little old car

1999 Plymouth Breeze Build Log

Be sure to check the fuel filter. Do you know if its ever been changed?

I also think my fuel filter could be to blame because idk when it was last replaced also

well before going out and throwing money into something that u dont know if its the problem or not go out to your car there should be a lil peak hole where the cam would be take that thing off and uall be able to see in and see the cam gear. then take the plug out of the 1st cylinder put something long thats sorta soft into there till it hits the piston. put a mark on it somewhere. then take a socket wrench and turn ur engine untill u see the mark on the cam gear, there will be a mark on the timing cover as well where u marked ur stick and when the mark on the gear matches the mark on the timing cover that should be top dead center. so if ur mark on ur stick can still go up after those marks aline or if it hits its peak and goes down before that mark ur timing is off.

sorry if thats hard to understand i cant spell to well

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.