Fi BTL n2 dual 2 wiring, need help fast

we got birds in here?? you hear beaking off...

the could be a competency test before buying dual voice coil subs...

and im sure your "friend" just turned up setting till it started sounding funny..

but why didnt the shop that installed it adjust the settings?

because they tune them down for sound quality, not its full possible potential

you sure they didnt tune them "Right?" and you were just like.. aww. this could be louder, see look right there that knob isnt even half way up. well shit lets just turn it up some...

k lets stop with the drama, just help me out.

i should upgrade my amp obvs, saying as my sub is a 2000 watt sub

which means i need to buy a bigger alt, 190's and start using 0 gauge. which amp do you suggest?

why not just wire it to 1 ohm?? and if that amps isnt 1 ohm stable then you bought the wrong sub and should of thought ahead.

x2, he might be screwed for now if its not 1ohm stable.

had it wired before and 1 ohm without realizing it was one ohm stable, blew the sub but i had warranty so it wasn;t a problem. my plan is to get a batter amp, alt and another dual 2 fi btl and run them both at 2 ohms

and im sure your "friend" just turned up setting till it started sounding funny..

and by cranking up the gain makes you think that it will get louder without any consequences? having a oscope or someone with an oscope is the BEST way to tune an amp. doing it by ear can have some factors, either you start clipping it or its holding back some power.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

which means i need to buy a bigger alt, 190's and start using 0 gauge. which amp do you suggest?

190s?

anyways, alt - DC power or Mechman

1/0 ga. wiring - knuconceptz

amp - DC sounds, Audioque, Crescendo, Audiopipe, Rockford Fosgate, Sundown, Digital Designs, Kicker(its 2ohm stable)..and few more i cant think of right now.

you will looking at around 1200-1500 with those 3 mention above, and still didnt include batteries too. Xs Power is what i recommend

Should i be running more batteries? i have one yellow top, brand-new

for 2k watts on stock electrical, you should. keep that yellow top under the hood and add a xs power d3100 in the back. once you upgrade your alternator, you should be good on the voltage with 2 batteries and 2k watts. and do the big 3(look it up cuz im too lazy to explain it. lol)

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

and by cranking up the gain makes you think that it will get louder without any consequences? having a oscope or someone with an oscope is the BEST way to tune an amp. doing it by ear can have some factors, either you start clipping it or its holding back some power.

those things are expensive, and even all the car audio shops around my place don't carry oscopes xD

and no, i didn't just crank the gain

those things are expensive, and even all the car audio shops around my place don't carry oscopes xD

yea an oscope is expensive, but its better than buying another amp (after already spent 400+ bucks on a good one). the cheapest i seen on ebay were $100, but for sure its not a TPI oscope.

yea an oscope is expensive, but its better than buying another amp (after already spent 400+ bucks on a good one). the cheapest i seen on ebay were $100, but for sure its not a TPI oscope.

yeah its an idea, but i think i will check around to see if anywhere as one before i buy one

why not just wire it to 1 ohm?? and if that amps isnt 1 ohm stable then you bought the wrong sub and should of thought ahead.

had it wired before and 1 ohm without realizing it was one ohm stable, blew the sub but i had warranty so it wasn;t a problem. my plan is to get a batter amp, alt and another dual 2 fi btl and run them both at 2 ohms

im gonna call bullshit on this.. if you blew a btl from user error the Fi isnt gonna warranty it..

im gonna call bullshit on this.. if you blew a btl from user error the Fi isnt gonna warranty it..

dam i didnt see that post. i agree with fritos, Fi wont cover anyone from user error

Amp************ not sub, my bad xD

Archived