Fi BTL n2 dual 2 wiring, need help fast

i have a JBL GTO 14001, 1500 rms amp with a btl n2 dual 2 sub

i need help on how to wire this sub to my amp at 4ohms. i had it installed at a car audio store but, im not sure if it was done correctly. also, my sub heats up instantly and im wondering if this is why. here is how they wired it.

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/28692983/sub.png

was it done correctly? also the wire that is only connected to the sub from the positive to the negative is a smaller cord then the cord going for each terminal to the amp. could this cause any problems?

Picture doesn't work...

Take voice coil one, and put the + into the + on your amp. Then take the negative and run it to the + on voice coil two. Then take the - from voice coil two and run it to the - on your amp. Its call series wiring.

mivtCK.png

Yeah pic no work

99 expedition

Two 15 inch dc audio xls

Ported box tunned to 34 hrtz

Soundstream pcx.2000d(better amp soon)

0 gauge

big three(soon)

Yellow top,(more batts soon)

Wow...I feel like he coulda found this info alot quicker than making a profile on here, and making a post, and waiting fro response. I hate it when people do this, we take our time to explain, and they never check back. Freakin spammers.

mivtCK.png

Wow...I feel like he coulda found this info alot quicker than making a profile on here, and making a post, and waiting fro response. I hate it when people do this, we take our time to explain, and they never check back. Freakin spammers.

First off, I just made this thread earlier today, and I'm already checking it. I didn't just make this account to ask one question.

Anyways Bakerman, if you could help me it would be much appreciated.

Do you want me to make a better picture? it was like a 2 second drawing because I was in the middle of painting my box.

First off, I just made this thread earlier today, and I'm already checking it. I didn't just make this account to ask one question.

Do you want me to make a better picture? it was like a 2 second drawing because I was in the middle of painting my box.

RF has great wiring diagrams

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

when wiring and seeing what final impedance you will have, in parallel wiring, what ever you sub is configured to, the final will be half the number..(ex, 1ohm vc, .5ohm in parallel....2ohm vc, 1ohm in parallel...etc)

in series, double that number for the final impedance (for example..1ohm vc, 2 ohm in series....2ohm vc, 4ohm in series...etc)

thats all for 1 sub.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

Why would you give a Fi BTL such little power? Why not just wire it to 1ohm? And it's heating up because of clipping (possibly) what is your gain set at?

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Why would you give a Fi BTL such little power? Why not just wire it to 1ohm? And it's heating up because of clipping (possibly) what is your gain set at?

this. forgot that he was powering it with a 1500rms amp.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

Archived