Mustang Restoration Build, 2011 Edition

And then I remembered I had an air hammer. A bit later this is how it looked. It is now ready to be cleaned up painted and cut out for the toe pan.

IMG_1234.jpg

From above

IMG_1235.jpg

Since I think Ive never shown pics of the cowl, here it is sitting there.

IMG_1236.jpg

Also I cleaned this area up a bit more. I just need to be able to sandblast again....

IMG_1237.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well, finally able to do some more work.

Yay once again having a helper. Quite helpful.

IMG_1390.jpg

Used the wire brush against the torque box. Mainly so that sandblasting would be easier since my big air compressor broke leaving me with a small one, plus I don't have the plastic up anymore.

IMG_1393.jpg

Sandblasted, atleast good enough for por15.

IMG_1399.jpg

Por15 on the back of the toe pan to go in

IMG_1402.jpg

por15 on the torque box and inside of front rails.

IMG_1403.jpg

Had some left in the cup I was using so put it on some random stuff to later check how well it works on various unprepared surfaces.

Old gas tank

IMG_1404.jpg

Back of an interior trim piece, random piece of galvanized metal, and old front floor pan.

IMG_1405.jpg

More to come.

So unfortunately I didn't have the whole day to work as I hoped and much of my time was spent cleaning up. Most of it was spent getting the toe pan to fit, because as is the case with most parts like this, it was no where close. Unfortunately due to needing to make a 7 hour trip I didn't take any pics of it mostly in. But, here is one of the gas tank sitting where it goes, woot.

IMG_1415.jpg

IMG_1416.jpg

• 1 month later...

2-3rd semester break, woot, here are some pics.

First of all, new Radiator! aluminum, Griffin dual 1.25 inch cores, rated for 600 hp. Should do the trick. Here it is "on" the car

It is a "blem" meaning it has a couple slightly bent fins, but who cares, you won't be able to see them once I get a fan on it.

IMAG1115.jpg

And here it is on the new radiator support that I don't think ive ever posted up here. Looks sexy.

IMAG1116.jpg

And, toe pan mostly shaped in. Once again the inside lower radius sucked, and had to do some shaping of my own.

IMAG1119.jpg

Before I did this it was actually lower than the floor, then came back up.

IMAG1120.jpg

Poor poor engine stand. Pulled out the engine to take some crap off of it.

IMAG1121.jpg

Anyways after this I pulled the por 15 off the back of the toe pan, blasted it, and recoted it. Apparently por15 doesn't like mostly smooth surfaces. A nice sandblasted one should do the trick. Tomorrow I plan on welding in the toe pan, and maybe more fun stuff. We will see.

Definitely. I picked it up from a garage sale for $20, so obviously Im not expecting much. Rated for 750 pounds, i don't believe it. Before I put that jack stand under it it was probably sitting at a 30* angle

ya, if you're looking at replacing it, a buddy got one of these and it suprisingly has been super durable. only thing is to grease the wheels because they squeak when they come new, lol.

http://www.harborfre...tand-32916.html

PLUS, theres ALWAYS 20% off coupons available, which helps.

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

Thanks for the link. Ive considered replacing it, but being a college kid I probably should focus more on the stuff needed to get it to run. Hopefully it won't be on the stand much longer anyways.

Got it finished prepped, and started to be welded in. I still hate having a non-gas welder.

IMAG1123.jpg

Welded the bottom up.

IMAG1127.jpg

Lot more work shaping this corner. They sucked up this part. Lots of gaps to cross, don't feel they are big enough to force me to make a filler plate.

IMAG1130.jpg

More shaping

IMAG1131.jpg

Tossed my gas cap on just to see how it would look. I think it looks pretty sweet.

IMAG1134.jpg

And more welding, this is where it ended for the night.

IMAG1137.jpg

Also, my gf did a good job cleaning up the back of these. (trim pieces that go on the sides of the back seats) tomorrow ill quickly sandblast them and throw some por-15 on.

IMAG1138.jpg

nice progress! its nice to see a old car on here

Thanks

Not a whole lot of progress today, had to do some maintainance on the daily drivers. Nevertheless, pics:

Another of the sexy fuel cap with sunlight. Sorry about still being cell phone pics.

IMAG1140.jpg

Progress at some point today

IMAG1141.jpg

Gf grinding down some welds

IMAG1144.jpg

And here is where it ended. Still some spots to weld, still a lot to grind down.

IMAG1145.jpg

Archived