Second Skin Audio

help me pick a sub

You could always hit up mechman I couldn't find a HO for my Voyager, they might be able to figure something out for you. as far as a sub can't go wrong with a dc or sundown.

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

I wouldn't waste the money ...upgrading to a DC level3 from a type r. If your looking to upgrade. 150 Watts and a different sub probably isn't going to change much compared to the amount of money paid. Do you have a custom box at this time? Tell us more about your installation. So then people don't just jump on the; get a DC blanket statement.

The type r is a 10 in a small custom .7 or so sealed box and the amp for it is an ab class, Reason I wanna upgrade is I want a ported box, a 12 inch sub and a class d amp. Im expecting an audible difference is that wishful thinking?

DC

/ Thread

This.

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

The would go level 4 but than I feel I would need to upgrade my alternator which even if the fitzall fits idk how much or if I could even get someone to install it, the alternator on protege is in a bad spot.

So anyways I think im set on a level 3 12" dc dual 2ohm, and an aq750. Plan on making a ported box for it.

The would go level 4 but than I feel I would need to upgrade my alternator which even if the fitzall fits idk how much or if I could even get someone to install it, the alternator on protege is in a bad spot.

So anyways I think im set on a level 3 12" dc dual 2ohm, and an aq750. Plan on making a ported box for it.

'

I bought a fitzall.. it didnt fit shit. To put it in i would have to build a special bracket, re configure the cars computer system and have a warning light be on at all times. No thanks. I returned mine and got my money back and bought a DC power instead.. direct fit ftw!.

My lights on my car on stock alt didnt start dimming till 1500 watts.

dc power has alts for 03 mazda prodege's 2.0 and 1.2 L cars.

https://www.dcpowerinc.com/vaf/product/list/?category=%3F&year=3&make=420&model=1808&engine=2945

Edited by dkahns51

My other worry is that my alternator is regulated through the ecu and im guess if u bypass it and go direct to battery it will throw a check engine light and I live in a area that wont pass u on emissions with a cel. Right now at 1000w (400 for front stage, 600 sub) I have no dimmimg.

Anyways will a level 3 on 750 be an upgrade or waste of money?

I currently have a 10" type R on 600w from a bouston acoustic amp. I'm looking to upgrade. I want a single 12" maybe a 15" im looking for something under 1000w my car has stock alternator and no option for HO one (03 protege).

So I was thinking a level 3 dc 12" dual 2 ohm along with an AQ750? My other thought was an Sundown SA-12? Which one u think is better or feel free to recommend another sub. Im looking to spend 200-250 on the sub. Also anyone think i should go for a 15?

Doesnt matter what sub you get really.. as long as your box is built to the sub specs and is tuned to what you desire. it should sound great. if you dont wanna upgrade your alt i would just get a second battery, then you could atleast run 1,000 RMS

My youtube channel, please subscribe
http://www.youtube.com/ballinblaza