Sonic Electronix

Where can I get 80hz and 25hz tones so I can set my LPF/SSF? I noticed on LOWER noted my subwoofer stays cooler is this NORMAL? I also started smelling coil BEFORE the dust cap got hot (usually it has to be WICKED HOT for this to happen) is this normal? box tuned to 27hz @ 7cft. I'm guessing if you play too high above tuning its the same as playing too low and can cause your woofer to over-heat? Question is @ 27hz tuned what should my LPF be set to?

btw ROE is down so I cant download from there this is ANNOYING me. I set my Gain to about 800-1000RMS and it still getting warm @ 13.9v Im seriously thinking my LPF is WAYYY to high I had it half way but if I turn it down sub stays a lot cooler but highs are non-existent.

Im just so damn confused guys this is REALLY annoying me. Ive mad about 3 topics about this and havn't gotten really anywhere except Electrical/Box and possibly Tuning. My gains are PRIME I set it exact by DMM I even set it lower to compensate for everything else. Could my LPF just be way too high for my box tuning?

Checklist:

Checked Ground to Amplifier : CHECK

Checked Ground to Battery : CHECK

Checked Power Wire to Amplifier : .2v decrease from front

Checked Power Wire at Battery : 13-14.4v (warm/cold) Full Tilt @ 1500RMS

Checked Power Wire at Alternator : 13-14.4v (warm/cold) Full Tilt @ 1500RMS

Tuned Amplifier VIA DMM Deck Volume 48/62 : SSF = ??? / LPF = ???/65 on HU / Gain 30-33v 50HZ tone. (39 is 1500)

Headunit is so to 0swbass (flat) NO BASS BOOST PERIOD (not even a knob)

Box is 27-28hz tuned @ 7cft around 13-14 inches of port.

PSI 18" D2 1600RMS SQL Daily Subwoofer (6 months old coils check fine have it in parallel)

I still need to set my LPF/SSF because I dont have an 65hz/25hz 0db sine to test with and set them. So I guessed my amplifier says 0-50dB on the SSF so I set it at 1/3, HPF says 40-180hz so I set that at half, but it seems like thats tOO high for my 27hz tuning maybe? I turned it down and it lsot a lot o fheat while still POUNDING the exact notes I need.

Lowest voltage seen idle full tilt = 13.2v (so far.)

amplifier got a little warm after about 15-20 minutes of idle full tilt 1000rms. Not too warm though the woofer got warmer. Normally I concider bad is when my woofer is so warm its hot, its one thing if its a little warm or warmer than room temperature but when its hot like it came out the microwave after 5-10 seconds I worry. I start smelling coil too. Most of you have been giving great ideas and suggestions ive come a long way because of you guys. But maybe it IS my subwoofer and dave lied to me :( its possibel until I find a fix I cant rule it out. I just dont get it. I ran my Fi off the same power in a smaller box with higher tuning and it did fine, got a LITTLE warm but was only rated @ 800RMS stock lol.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

I told you in another thread. You can not check for clipping with a DMM period. Your signal from your head unit could be clipping. You are just guessing using a DMM to get the max out of a system. What you are doing is not PRIME. Its a good guess at best. You dont even need test tones to set those filters. The LP can be set by ear to what sounds best. The subsonic anywhere around 20-25hz on the knob. With roll off it will play below that anyways. And that is a very low tune for a box.

bump

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

your sub moves more at lower ferq and that push more air it compresses it so you get more cooling and you can still be cliping which creates heat and you smell your sub

even at 500 watts you can clip it and get it hot

and why the hell are you setting your amp with a 50 hz test tone when your tuned below 30hz? bet thats your problem right there lower ferq. take way more power to move the mass of your sub then at 50 hz where the sub barly moves your clipping

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Ok could be your both probably right... So what should I do? lol whats your suggestions? I feel like a dumbass right now lol I really have no idea where to go now... I feel like ive tried everything and if I set lpf and ssf to what I get by "ear" it sounds bad, when I turn lpf UP on my amp with the dmm hooked up the voltage goes up OVER 1500rms. Also what TONE or what should I do to tune this thing?

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

i have allways set my amps to the tone that the box is tunned to

low pass 20 hz high pass 65 to 8-0

i think you got low pass and high pass mixed up

TEAM BUILT FOR DECIBELS

s10 blazer

subs:2 Addictive Audio

amp:Addictive Audio 500.1

batts:Vital Power vp1500(front), vp2000(rear)

Archived