DC Sound Lab

How would this design work?

e81i87.png

Entered Derricks measurements, didn't come out correctly, I may have missed something but eh :P

also need to check the sub up box and port up box too if this is for subs up port up

you said yal could go up a lil on height so i took it up 1"

the overall outer dimnsion height of this would be 30.75" with a double baffle

Incase one of yal is on mobile-

30"H-59"W-20"D

212.75 square inches of port (16.39" per cube)

tuned around 33Hz before bracing

once you add some bracing your NET will shrink some and tuning will go up but not much (very little if you use dowel or all thread)

25usaoy.png

close to 13 cubes net and left the bracing open cause i dont know what yal will be using

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Thanks Ricky, looks good man :D yeah, we'll probably end up using all thread, if I can figure out how to use it :peepwall: might just use a bunch of 1 1/2" dowel rods though.

no problem dude! im always down to help a fellow bass head

all thread is easy to use

just run the rod through the box and us nuts and washers to pull the walls together until its nice and tight

Ohh, that's simple. I wonder if I just double baffle and use a lot of all thread, that my box will be strong enough to where I don't need to double up each side. Not gonna be having more than 3000w on the box for atleast another 4-5 months, so it should be enough, even with the massive subs.

:rofl:

:wub: N8.

No homo...unless you want there to be. :orly3::ehh:

Ohh, that's simple. I wonder if I just double baffle and use a lot of all thread, that my box will be strong enough to where I don't need to double up each side. Not gonna be having more than 3000w on the box for atleast another 4-5 months, so it should be enough, even with the massive subs.

if you can afford it, go with birch

double baffle the top, all thread for bracking and glass the inside and you should be good

I'll check into the birch prices around here. I didn't see any at lowes when I went a few days ago though. My friends dad owns a contracting company so I might be able to get a deal though.

at my local home depot, it was $45 a sheet and i used two for my single 18" box :trippy:

No home depot over here, got closed down :( if it's around 45 a sheet for actual birch, I'll probably get three sheets. But I can get 4 sheets of mdf for about 90$, so ugh, choices choices.

birch is stronger and lighter then MDF