DC Sound Lab

Hello all. Finally got my subs ordered, should get em in a month or so. Anywho, I need to design an enclosure for them.

Truck: 2000 Dodge Dakota club cab

Max dimensions: 59W x 20 D x 29 H

Needs box for the pair. I've never ran 18s before, so idk how it should be tuned and what not. Also, i've been wanting to try aeroports, but idk how to calculate those. Thanks all :) oh, and will be run off of small power for little while, but in the end, plan to be puttin around 8kw to the pair.

:rofl:

:wub: N8.

No homo...unless you want there to be. :orly3::ehh:

subs and port facing up? or forward? or what?

in the torres calculator, i put the dimensions you gave

and put 29h 7w and 24l for the port, and came out to 35hz at 15.69 sq inch of port per cube, at 203 sq inch of port total, and at almost 13 cubes after displacement..

might want to shrink the box a cube though

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

LOL its already taken up the seating space.. now you just have airspace that can be taken up :P

not hard to drive with a wall, just gotta be smarter than the rest of the drivers, which isnt hard

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

The thing is though, about the wall, I need my rearview. Or basically, my dad needs it. I'm only 17, I didn't buy the truck. My dad did, and gave it to me and my brother (supercharged dcs). We talked to him about a wall and he straight up said no.

For the tuning, I was thinking around 33 hz, and I'll try to make an interchangable port tunes higher for meter.

:rofl:

:wub: N8.

No homo...unless you want there to be. :orly3::ehh:

if you are tossing 8k or so to it, you would be fine with it at 35hz LOL

and if you are going for GP status, you prob wont ever really need to change the tuning, 35hz can hit down to 24s and up to mid 40s with authority.. atleast every box ive had at 35 has...

but you wont really notice the difference between 33 and 35

Team DC Audio