150dB trunk build!!! with seats that don't fold?!?

next plan is to add two 4inch ports into the box also, there's already holes in the metal part of the rear deck that I believe these will fit through without cutting anything.

yes, the plan is to run a 280mm port, and two 100mm ports :peepwall:

also plan to strap the two Z1's I have, should do about double the power I have now.

Tons of people said having different sized ports sucked ass big time, i actually tried this and it wasn´t that bad at all, yes you have some funny airflow and some cancellation, but you still can get louder with that, you know ust like myself that there´s only one way to find out :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I had tested the box a few days before the competition, with the new rear deck, and rounded port end, but no duct tape, and no internal flare.

it did 144.9dB.

I was hoping for a 145dB... but it did 146dB!?!?

the 1.1dB was gained by duct taping a few joints inside the box, flaring the inside end of the port slightly (used a dremel as the box was still in the car!) put a few bits of tape here and there inside the box, and duct taped the port....

it seems like small flares on the port gains a lot!

needs more flare, and some roundovers inside the box ;)

Yes , flares are loud hehe , congrats on the gains :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

cool ass box man i can tell you why your having issue tho its the car we did an aristo and a camery identicle size boxes and the rest of systems were the same too the camery did 145.8 at 40hz in the aristo 139 at 40hz i know differnt car but we even thought it has to be the boot is too seale up so we cut out the back seat and the same speaker hole you did to see wat difference it made

and at 40hz camert gained 0.2 for a 146flat at 40hz the aristo well it gained a whole 1 DB so a 140 flat now according to the box calc and the way it was all setup the things was good for at least a 143 minimum couldnt do it so we ditched the subs put in a free air on back shelf and what do you know same DB we had with 2 subs just did with 1 free air its like a japenese curse with aristos dude they are good for 2 things

Dropping to the boards and VIP stlyein or using the 2jzgtte engine to crank out 800hp and putting in a little system to distract you from the fact that your going way way to fast and you cust out alot of structural steel in the back of the car and to fix it you put in strut brace and weled in more braces so now you have the harnesses bolted to the braces in the back and a half cage in the aristo and its all good no real needd for a stereo anymore 800+ on the dyno and mid to high 10s all is well in the world my freind

Ren

xMplar :yahoo:

AUSTRALIAN DC DISTRIBUTOR AND TEAM DC OZ MANAGER

th_dc-soundlab3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived