Sonic Electronix

Optima Redtop and XS D3400 Installation

Ok my XS Power d3400 just came in the mail today. I am wanting to know where i should put it. I think i will leave the redtop as the starting battery. Should i place the d3400 under the hood or put it in the back close to the amp. i have a 2004 Chevy Tahoe by the way. I have two amps one MB Quart ONYX.4.125 for highs and mids(Rockford Fosgate Power 1652-S (2 sets)) and one Hifonics brz 2400 for the subs((2) RE Audio SXX 15d4s). Should i run the amp for highs and mids off the redtop or just run everything off the XS Power D3400. Thank you all in advance

Also where can i get some good wire and terminals to do the Big 3 Upgrade

If you have room put it up front. Wire i use is knu, but there are plenty of good brands out there. You are gonna want to get another xs batt and replace that red top.. Red top os a good battery as i have my old one still in storage, but the xs is a performance beast. I notice less voltage drop on the xs. I use to get into the low 12's with the red. Since i added the xs i never go below 13. And technicaly you will be running off of both batteries.

Check ebay for terminals and some knu wire..

Rebuild Log with the SMD

CURRENT..

Honda Accord Coupe

Porsche Cayenne S

Lexus CT200

Lexus ES300 (sold)

99 Lexus RX 300 (sold)

ADDING

Honda - Hertz setup, more to come

Porsche - Fi BL, XS Power, more to come

coming soon..
peep the old rebuild log of the Lexus RX

If you have room put it up front. Wire i use is knu, but there are plenty of good brands out there. You are gonna want to get another xs batt and replace that red top.. Red top os a good battery as i have my old one still in storage, but the xs is a performance beast. I notice less voltage drop on the xs. I use to get into the low 12's with the red. Since i added the xs i never go below 13. And technicaly you will be running off of both batteries.

Check ebay for terminals and some knu wire..

Thanks. So should i just take the Redtop Out and just run off the XS?

Op, I have a 2006 Yukon (same as your 04 tahoe) and added a second 3400 under the hood behind the coolant reservoir. You could go to your local gm dealer and ask for a hd battery tray and hold down. It cost about 35 dollars and the 3400 fits perfect there. The only issue I had was that the grounds were touching the hood once closed. Just re-positioned and all.good.

Edited by matt14

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

I would just run the 3400 and take the red top out. Just get a smaller XS in the future to put in back

me too. The 2 batteries should have slightly different resting voltages. When the wet-cell and AGM get wired together, who voltage would try to "level out." That would result in the batteries not having as long of a lifetime.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread