Sonic Electronix

I had a customer one time that had noise that I couldn't figure out like this . Well he decided to get a high output alt and after installing the alt the noise was gone. Bad alternator.

i had the same issue. switched out the amp and its gone.

It does it through three amps on mine. And using the phone trick, I eliminated the amp as a problem.

Same thing happens to me when I tried charging and playing my iPod through a headphone jack. Now I just don't charge and play.

After talking to Ray, he said that's normal. It just creates a ground loop in the phone adding noise to the signal. That's never happened to me before, so it's good to know. :pardon:

I had a customer one time that had noise that I couldn't figure out like this . Well he decided to get a high output alt and after installing the alt the noise was gone. Bad alternator.

I have a brand new 320A Mechman. I tested, clamped, and load tested the alt. All results were in spec. =/

Is your power wire near the rca's?

Yes. This has never caused an issue for me. But I ran new RCA's over the seats and the problem was still there...this kinda eliminates the back half..

Ok more info . What amp?

Three Memphis MCA3004s

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Guys, seriously, thank you for all your time. :drinks:

I wanted to mention that I talked to Ray and I completely skipped checking some things. These Jeeps have a data retention harness that allows you to use the stock amp..well I'm not using mine since I ran all new wires. Turns out these things lose grounds all the time and he told me to just rip it out since it's doing nothing for me other than supplying an ignition wire.

So that's my next test. Hard wiring HU. I have another test for the antenna and some other things to try. I will definitely post up tomorrow and give an update. Right now after working 14 hours, I'm beat.

Thanks again. I'll let you know how it goes.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/