Sonic Electronix

Whats up every body. This will be my first major audio project for my project truck. Its a 86 chevy c10 layed out on 24's that needs some beat. Dont know how to post pics yet but have an old one as my avatar. I have read many threads on the blow thru's but havent found one yet that can give all the info needed to help a newb try one alone. Now this will be for a daily not competition so i wont be dropping 3gs on a system. I have access to kicker l7's pretty cheap so those will be my speaker choices. I would like advice on every thing and any thing on this blow thru i want the speakers inside my cab running into the bed. I am mechanicly inclined just not the smartest no shame in admitting that so i can build and create but need the advice to get me going. I would like to get this build done by Turkey Drag in tyler texas this december cause no way ima make it by austin heatwave next month. Sorry for the story and thank you in advance for y'alls help

P.S. How do i post pics?

upload to photobucket and copy the "img" code. GOOD LUCK ON UR SYSTEM 

Edited by Ricky A.

BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry1565972

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
37" superswamper tsl radials
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500
Custom Fiberglass box
fosgate T1 6x8 Coxials
bass inferno 2000 watt 4 channel
2 XS power d3100's
0 Gauge

did you bag your truck? if so you cna do a blow through. you'll need a camper shell boot and a sawzall or if you are big balling a plasma cutter. its not really that hard .

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

if you can do that you can do a cutthrough. its really simple. i would suggest on just leaving the box in the bed though. or you could build a platform for the box to sit on in the bed. you'll need to leave a lip for the boot to secure to. you going to put a tonneau cover on it

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

No cover in the back i plan on redoing the sheet metal work to make one big piece that will go on the top and drop right after my tubs.it will serve as a cover for the box notch cover and tubs i plan on putting 26"s on it so i will need the clearance

My main concern is that with the rubber boot will i have any problems when i start hopping my truck. i know that the bed is bolted but i will still have movement and thought it might cause tearing.

That's the beautiful thing about the accordion boot, plenty of play between cab and bed. And don't cut sharp square corners for your hole....do a good radius as the boot works better with nice rounded corners. Doing a 3" radius on my next blowthrough. And silicone the boot as you pop it on, extra protection from leaks. Wish you were closer.... Could give you a hand

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

This makes me miss my first vehicle, it was a 84 almost the same as yours. looking good keep up the work.

CARS

14 Sierra crew cab daily, Small build coming one of these days

69 C-10 fleetside in many pieces, won't be done till the end of time

Last car '12 Focus with build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165619-2012-focus-btl-15-crescendo-sundown-audio-control/