The DC audio lvl 5s Civic Build

Btw, all the holes on the box will be filled in, as well as the seams covered, then ill either be glassing it to smooth her down or painting her. Im thinking about a gloss finish, but since this is a temporary setup, ill wait until I have the second one for something like that.

And update on the sub.....Had a delivery exception from Fedex. They said noone was home to accept the package...I had three people at home who all attest to having no doorbell ring and noone ever knocked. So im thinking the cocksucker just didnt feel like delivering the package. I think he'll probably get an earful tomorrow, and if it isnt delivered (ill be home and waiting for him to show up) all hell will break loose.

Anyways, now I need to figure out where I want to mount the bolts inside the box to wire to the amp. Forgot I have no 8 guage so I may just use 4 if it will work seeing as I have like 60 feet of it left...but I doubt it will fit in the amp's speaker terminals, so im gonna go pickup a few feet worth at the local shop for stupid amount of cash over what it should cost until I can order and wait for some tsunami or stinger HPM to get here. :shrug:

Last but not least, the 9887 I was going to buy backed out and said someone else bought it, so back to square one on picking up a 9887. Cant find them anywhere and none left on ebay, so I may be looking into something else. Probably going to order the clarion EQ since it has more than one RCA output and is basically a pre amp and boosts them pretty well. Build feels like its finally picking up. Epicenter just sent me pics today of all the mdf countersunk and rabbited rings he made me for the hertz speakers...so doors are going to get glassed within the next few weeks hopefully. Also, someone buy my t1000 so I can get some real powa. :ban2:

Shouldn't be too big a box. Mine was just over 2 cubes, so bigger should be better. Just wait til you get some real power on that fucker.

I'll check into the FedEx thing. Thats bullshit, dude probably didn't want to carry that bish. I carried it about half a block, its all technique lol.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Shouldn't be too big a box. Mine was just over 2 cubes, so bigger should be better. Just wait til you get some real power on that fucker.

I'll check into the FedEx thing. Thats bullshit, dude probably didn't want to carry that bish. I carried it about half a block, its all technique lol.

Yeah, should be good. Im gonna run the RF at .7 till I up the amp and get another...hopefully the RF likes it. lol How much port did you run to yours? Im at right around 19 iirc.

And yeah dude, I bet thats what it is. I told the girl at fedex that was bullshit because there were 4 people there and my dog. He flips out if anyone even gets near the door, much less knocks/rings the doorbell. Ill be waiting for him tomorrow and will chase his ass down if he passes me up. Break his fuckin kneecaps.

Thanks all, really like getting opinions/critiscm on the build as its my first non bestbuy special system. Can't wait to let the guy with two 15" type Rs hear the single 12 be louder than his $3500 setup from the shitty local shop.

I'm drawing up plans for the doors right now since my front stage will probably be non existent when the bass hits. I'm considering making my own door panels like db don's approach and relocating the door controls to the center console. I plan on shaving the door handles at some point probably, so should probably get this out of the way. I may just build off the removable pocket piece first so I don't have to wrap the whole door...blah idk what I want to do since it's my first time glassing. I guess well see. The clarion should help the stage and I'm looking at decks right now, then once I glass I'm thinking two 6.5s each door with 1 tweet a piece. Then I'm trying to find a decent midrange 3 or 4" to glass into the a pillars with one other tweet and running three way active once I canpickup a bit one or ms-8. Any glassing ideas or anything is appreciated. Also need to find a new mounting locations for the amps since the box will be pushed all the way to the trunk lid. :peepwall:

Archived