Jump to content

The DC audio lvl 5s Civic Build


Recommended Posts

Posted

So basically fedex fucked me. Was supposed to deliver the sub tuesday and said noone was home, although 3 people were. I talked to the main fedex building and told them have him just deliver it wed. and ill be there waiting for it. I then get a call from fedex saying noone lives at my address...I clear it up with this guy whos at their HQ and says 'well the box is sitting here in my lockup cage'...I told him they were supposed to deliver it today and he had no excuse. He said 'well he'll deliver it tomorrow'. I said no id come get it, because I work all weekend and god knows when the fuck im getting it if he doesnt deliver it. So I had to drive 45 minutes one way and get lost because of my gps. Then found them, picked it up after a half hour of waiting, and was back omw home. Fucking hate shipping shit. So, long story short my insurance company charged me twice for both my insurance and my car payment, which bottomed out my bank account and I couldnt even afford the wire to hook her up and the insurance fuckup wouldnt be back in my account until midnight this morning. So I had to wait today to pickup the wire, then had to go to lowes to get more shit to hook her up. Anyways, enough talking...Pics:

57676fe1.jpg

This is why he bullshited and didnt want to deliver it I guess.

f3bd8630.jpg

Had to pop her open. NOM NOM NOM.

e1ff1953.jpg

3953b791.jpg

Posted

Then I got her installed after a couple hours running errands. Mounted the amp on the back of the box and may put my highs amp on top...idk where to put it other than that right now, but I cant actually screw the front two screws in because to take the box out or in the top rubs on the top of the trunk. So even if I could screw the front screws in, id have to take the sub off anytime I need to take the box off. :shrug: Stumped for now, but I dont even have the hertz in yet seeing as I need to glass the doors still, so the zuki isnt getting anything to push, on top of the fact my HU only has one set of RCAs.

Things that are either on the way or in the process of getting paid for/on the list to buy the next few weeks:

Countersunk mdf rings - on the way as soon as I shoot him the money tonight.

Clarion EQ - On the way.

CDA 9887 - will pay for soon.

Hertz mille 3" mids - paying for as soon as the CDA is paid.

Glassing mat/resin/brushes/etc. - On order.

Shes coming together guys. :clapping:

Oh btw, did I say that I had it playing already? :peepwall::pardon:

Posted

I wanna see that sexy thing out of the box and playing! :clapping: Pretty nice lookin build man!

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo - Summer Ride(No system yet, lookin to get it up to 450-500 horse first!)2006 Chevy Malibu - Daily DriverDC Level 5 15", 2 APSM-1500's, 3.88 cu. ft. tuned to 32hz1992 Honda Prelude - SOLD2 18" TC 3hp Woofers on a Crescendo BC3500.1d, 12.7 cu. ft. tuned to 35hz7r.png

Posted

I wanna see that sexy thing out of the box and playing! :clapping: Pretty nice lookin build man!

Thanks man. Your wish is my command. (minus vids for now...)

Wired to .7 on the RF...checked my rise and only rising up to .9. :drink40: Nearly no box rise ftmfw.

'THATS A HUGE BITCH'

668cfd79.jpg

Wired through the bolts in parallel. Bolts go from top of the bolt to: Lock washer > fender washer > ring terminal > fender > Nut /. Then the same reverse on the inside topped with a wing nut for ease of removal.

4bf40506.jpg

Pretty wiring until I have to rip it all off to bondo/paint the box. :noob:

282425b2.jpg

Amp mounted...dont worry I used grommets which should help a tad with any vibrating...

2d1b814a.jpg

942c99e0.jpg

Wiring will be cleaned up.

4fca3fda.jpg

and the way it looks from the front.

9ea9aed5.jpg

Box will be painted in the next couple weeks hopefully and that wire in front of the sub was removed. :ehh:

Posted

Btw...after 20 minutes of bumping I find a nice spot to see how the flex is without bothering anybody and this is what I find =

6a2147f7.jpg

The sub is loving this box and I cant wait to double the power...

Posted

Looks good man, that RF amp is amazing.

Edit: how'd you get a level 5 12.. I've been waiting for mine, I didn't think their parts were in.

4 18's, low power and lots of gay fur.

Team gg

Team DOA

My Videos :)

Posted

Looks good man, that RF amp is amazing.

First time the RF has seen anything below 4 ohms...shes pushing the lvl 5 far more than I expected. Trade you for the AQ? :drink40:

Posted

Looks good man, that RF amp is amazing.

First time the RF has seen anything below 4 ohms...shes pushing the lvl 5 far more than I expected. Trade you for the AQ? :drink40:

read my edit please.

4 18's, low power and lots of gay fur.

Team gg

Team DOA

My Videos :)

Posted

Looks good man, that RF amp is amazing.

First time the RF has seen anything below 4 ohms...shes pushing the lvl 5 far more than I expected. Trade you for the AQ? :drink40:

read my edit please.

Bought orionstang's used one since hes moving to two 10s. :peepwall:

Posted

Looks good man, that RF amp is amazing.

First time the RF has seen anything below 4 ohms...shes pushing the lvl 5 far more than I expected. Trade you for the AQ? :drink40:

read my edit please.

Bought orionstang's used one since hes moving to two 10s. :peepwall:

oh okay, I feel better now :)

4 18's, low power and lots of gay fur.

Team gg

Team DOA

My Videos :)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 460 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...