need help with my neon lights

well i got some weird problems with my neon lights my neon bulbs are Slow Glow, my neon transformer is Street Glow

ok these are the ones i had on my honda and then put them on my truck, well i had them wired to a switch and they worked for some time and then after a while when i turn the switch on they would flash once and then go off

well i said the hell with this and just unhooked em

well 2 weeks ago i decided that why not try them when i was hooking up my aux back up lights, and they worked fine, but the thing is, i had them wired in with my parking lights so everytime my headlights are on they come on

well i bought me some toggle switches to fix some of my "quick" wireing i had done on my truck to try to purty it up a little bit, well i ran some wire from the back of my truck to front and then threw firewall to switch, well with the wiring like i had it befor with parking lights they would come on and never go off unless i cut off my parking lights, well today they worked fine with the toggle switch i had em wired to untill a few hrs ago

when i turn switch on they flash once and go off, why is this? the wire i used was 14guage ofc inwall speaker wire, this stuff is solid as hell so i know the current flow is there, its a 2 wire setup, 1 wire goes to my strobe lights in back and the other goes to neon

why dont it work with a toggle switch but it will with parking lights? now my transformer is at the back of my truck grounded to metal threw its mounting foot thing, and i guess cause the wire was shortest to the tail light parking light wire, i had it hooked up with t-taps

is there a way to get this to work from my toggle or just wire it back up to my parking lights and leave it at that, that's if they still work that way

anyone have any ideas why it does this? everything is wired correctly so i dont see why it dont work right unless the current flow is less threw the long run of wire, the wire comeing out of the transformer is like 18-16guage, i got 14 going to it, i dont get it

if i wired in a relay might it work? i hate i done all this wireing and now i cant use it

sorry for the novel but im bumfuzzled on why the hell it dont work right with a switch when it used to, i mean i had it wired in with 18guage wire in my honda, but with 14guage i see no problems with it

can someone help me with this, everything i wire up works fine ecept this thing, i mean the lights work perfect with parking light wire but with toggle switch they dont

the reason i want em wired to a switch is so i can turn em off if i want to, i dunno what to use the toggle switch for now that it might not work for this

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

do you have access to a multi-meter?

I'd use a relay anyway. Much safer than going straight through a switch. Is your wire fused?

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

i got this multi meter Fieldpiece-SC77-clamp-on-multi-meter-hvac-provided_image.jpg

its a fieldpiece sc77 true rms dmm, has everything from cap uf reader to amp clamp

and my wire is fused @ 10amps twice, 1 10amp fuse at fuse panel threw a add a circuit fuse adaptor, and then from there with a 10amp fuse and then a 10amp fuse on the wire

with the relay, would i run the main wire threw the relay to the transformer and then run the switch to the relay?

i wonder if current flow would still work like this, i have an extra relay if i need to add it

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

i unno about the balls thing

this is the switch im useing http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3098835

its rated @ 20amps max @ 12v but its on a 10amp circuit so i dont think its getting its full potential, i mean it worked fine for a few hrs and then it does the "everytime i flip the switch the lights flash once and go out" thing

im thinking the parking lights are on a 20amp or so circuit vs my acc 10amp circuit

its no biggie on the relay thing, im just wondering if that would help it

i mean everything else ive got that i thought would put a load on my electrical has a relay, like my back up lights

i took a t-tap and hooked it to my reverse lights pos wire at tail light, then ran that to the switch part of a relay, and then a wire from front battery to back to the relay and then ground, and with my fog lights i got a toggle switch going to a relay and then from there to fog light ballasts

i guess it puts to much of a load on it on such a long run of wire

i guess i'll try the relay tommrow and see if that fixs my problem, will 15amps work or 10amps be better for fuseing?

Right click avatar -> Open image in new tab

...what was this thread about? :pardon:

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Right click avatar -> Open image in new tab

...what was this thread about? :pardon:

lol, i kinda miss my booty avatar but i dunno where it went or someone deleted it, so i found something else, i guess it will have to do for now

i guess i'll try the relay thing tommrow, thankx for the help :drinks:

well i dunno wtf is wrong with it now, might be a bad transformer, i'll go check some other things later

i tried str8 wireing it to my battery, they do the same thing as they did with the switch, i done the relay thing, same thing happened, tried to wire it back up to parking light wire, same issues

the only transformer i can find is $60 thats 9000v @ 12v, im thinking about just spending $20 and getting the kit with the built in transformers

what yall think?

i know the underbody lights are played out but mine looked sick as hell, they looked more like a black light, there purple, with my tinted windows and what knot, made it look mean as shit

i kinda hate i done all that wireing for nothing and have a toggle switch for nothing

this is the kit im thinking about getting http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Purple-Undercar-Underbody-4-Piece-Car-Neon-Kit-Lights-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a670f3e07QQitemZ250837155335QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_4987wt_1165

i'll go and try some things like, trying to get a better ground and stuff like that

its bolted to my tow bar in the back of my truck, paint is scraped away, i dont understand tho cause my strobe lights and my back up aux lights are grounded to the same spot the transformer is and they work fine

Edited by tacomabanga1986