Second Skin Audio

SMD/AA 15 T-Line HUGE BOX 16.7 cuft

I had fun with this, was just curious how large it would be and it is quite big, I've been told T-Lines arent good with high amounts of power, but as I said this was just for fun, 1 SMD woofer cost moe than my entire setup, so no way would this come to fruition at least not by me

This box has a lot of port, mainly due to its nearly 16 inches of mounting depth

SUB: SMD / AA 15

Dual 2

Fs: 30.1

Qms: 4.99

Qes: 0.29

Qts: 0.27

Sd: 810cm^2 (half of actual port area, lol)

Mounting Depth: 15.75 including stud

Outer Diameter: 15.625

Cutout Diameter: 14.125

Sub Displacement: .24 cuft

Weight: 73 pounds

Box:

Outer Dimension: 63 wide x 39 deep x 20 tall

Inner Volume: 16.65 cuft after displacement (not accounting further bracing)

Tuned to 29.7 Hz

Port Length: 114 inches

Port area: 256 inches (yes tons, not sure how that will affect its functioning within the T-Line)

Now I think if this worked, 3 of these next to each other or stacked in a walled type of configuration (floor to ceiling) would just be cool, just cause I like T-Lines, for the money spent and functionality you would probably want, much easier way to go about a setup like this of course, I just wanted to see how it would look

Inside View

InsideTop.png

Complete with X ray

FullxRay.png

Complete

Complete-1.png

Since it will be a while before I can afford my sub, and I have my own design for a box done and too much free time due to no job, I just have a bit of fun trying to design boxes, I wish I knew more about 4th, 6th, and BP designs, those would be fun

Edited by kynto

You could do a classical t-line where you start out at 1.5-2x the sd of the sub and taper it down to 1x the sd. I've never seen anyone do 2x the sd all the way through the line.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

Yea, I could taper it, didnt think of that

I wouldnt mind trying a taper, I dont know how that affects tuning though and how to calculate for that, is it sort of like horn theory, cause I dont know how to calculate that either