Sonic Electronix

That's the exact model that I run.

It's an awesome unit with a lot of nice features and it has high-voltage pre outs should your dad ever want to upgrade down the road.

There is one major quirk about this unit that I tell just about anyone who brings it up. If you or your dad or whoever wants to use an iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, or any iOS device, it will often give you an annoying error code that can only be fixed by cycling through the sources. Something about iOS and Pioneer's firmware don't mix, so it will often trigger an error code within the unit. It will still work even with the error code, but the screen will just read " Error - 16" instead of the music information. This happens to me just about every other time I get in my car. It is really a non issue for me though because I have it set on the headunit to control via iPod instead of on the deck itself.

If you don't think your dad will ever use an iOS device on it, then disregard everything I just said. Also note I said iOS devices, it will work just fine with regular iPods like the classic.

do you think I could set my kenwood deck to control via ipod instead of the deck also? i hate not being able to charge my ipod and control it at the same time,

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

do you think I could set my kenwood deck to control via ipod instead of the deck also? i hate not being able to charge my ipod and control it at the same time,

You should be able to. Just look around in the settings menus. I'm not sure about kenwoods, but on my Pioneer it's something like "USB Control Mode" and you can toggle it between "via iPod" and "via deck".

Edited by canderton01

2002 Camry XLE

35% tints all around

17'' Enkei FD-05 rims

Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

AudioQue AQ1200d

4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's

mids/highs - OEM JBL system

AudioTechnix Deadner

Big 3 upgrade

My YouTube

Honestly, if it were me buying it, my cheap ass would be on ebay buying it! But it was a shared gift from the family and my stepmom wanted to get it from bestbuy for the 6 months interest free thing haha.

2004 Ford Mustang GTPioneer DEH-P7200HD head unitMach 460 Factory System

Cadence FXA1600.2

Cadence S2W10

Cadence 4 AWG wiring

Ported box, 2 cubes, 32 hertz