Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Can I get some help from someone who passed geometry...?


sqsux

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've got this trapezoid shaped box and i can't figure the volume of it out.

xf6uee.jpg

i've found formula's online, but they either calculate it for you and don't tell you the unit of measurement or i just don't know how to convert it to cubic feet.

measurements for those who can't read the picture

w1 = 38.25

w2=43.75

height = 4

depth = 28.5

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

Posted

I came up with 2.7 ft^3 before all displacements

Just a ballpark, but should be pretty damn close

Edit-Explanation, correct me if I'm wrong.

(w1 + w2) divided by 2 =41 inches

41*4*28.5=4674 in^3

4674/1728=2.70xxxxx ft^3

Posted

4" high? Or do you mean 4 feet (48") high? I only ask because 4" is a REALLY small dimension for a box, ain't it?

If it's the latter, you are about 32.5 cubes gross.

If it really is 4", then yes, about 2.7 cubes.

Posted

I came up with 2.7 ft^3

Just a ballpark, but should be pretty damn close

Edit-Explanation, correct me if I'm wrong.

(w1 + w2) divided by 2 =41 inches

41*4*28.5=4674 in^3

4674/1728=2.70xxxxx ft^3

pretty close to my original estimate, 2 cubes smaller.

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

Posted

I've got this trapezoid shaped box and i can't figure the volume of it out.

xf6uee.jpg

i've found formula's online, but they either calculate it for you and don't tell you the unit of measurement or i just don't know how to convert it to cubic feet.

measurements for those who can't read the picture

w1 = 38.25

w2=43.75

height = 4

depth = 28.5

are you figuring off of these numbers, or do you need it to be calculated with a displacement for a thickness of material?

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

 

 

 

 

Posted

those measurements are in inches i suppose?

take the thing apart you have a rectangular prism and two triangular prisms which make up another rectangular prism

volume is 4674 in^3 or 2.71 ft^3

edit. whoa... slow typer on mobile :/

An Audio Technix 18" Strato on a Kicker KX120.2

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

I've bought from JBurt09, OrionStang, bcpballer64, LoudNLow931, audioman21, and CJ18 from here (as refs)

7j2.png

Posted

Also, to figure volume of a trapezoid, this is the formula, if measuring the box in inches:

[(w1+w2) x height x depth] then divide by 2. My head hurts from trying to write out the equation lol.

1728

Posted

4" high? Or do you mean 4 feet (48") high? I only ask because 4" is a REALLY small dimension for a box, ain't it?

If it's the latter, you are about 32.5 cubes gross.

If it really is 4", then yes, about 2.7 cubes.

inches, this is actually the top of my wall not an actual box. i orginally estimated 22 cubes gross and from what you guys tell me it's actually 20ish.

but yes 4 inches not feet.

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

Posted

Volume = Length * (Base 1 + (Base 2 - Base 1) * Height + Base 1) * Height / 2

Or, an online converter...

Online Conversion - Volume of a Trapezoid tank http://bit.ly/iXpicY

Chris - "The Apprentice" - Pandora's Box Customs

1994 Ford Explorer - "Midnight" - 4.0L SOHC

SoundStream PCX-1000D & Kicker S12L5

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2098 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...