to not own a product just becasue its made my a certain company seems rather retarded to me.

I'm still waiting for concrete stuff that shows someones android phone is better then an iphone. there are a few things but ive yet to see one person say one..just...its an iphone.

I dont like how locked down the Iphone is due to apple owning it..

I hate Itunes, and how apple forces it down your throat... and the only way to bypass Itunes is to *hack* your phone...

thats why I dislike apple, and not the phone.... and I think its a very valid reason LOL

*edit

for your android better than iphone response

4g, front facing cam that you DO NOT need to be on wifi to use...

google fucking maps with navi... that hands down is super useful...

the tegra 2 processor... hands down best in the market right now...

oh yeah, no itunes... i am able to use my phone as a hard drive.... and can put ANY file on it to store it....

stock.... non rooted...

"I dont like how locked down the Iphone is due to apple owning it.."

Jailbreak.

"I hate Itunes, and how apple forces it down your throat... and the only way to bypass Itunes is to *hack* your phone..."

iTunes is critical to all the aftermarket support the iPhone 4 has. Album Art, Artist, Track, and Album information shows up on the thousands of iPod compatible devices on the market today. Yet there are a very, very minimal Android compatible devices on the market today.

"thats why I dislike apple, and not the phone.... and I think its a very valid reason LOL"

You're right about the phone. It really is a work of art. The Aluminum uni-body design sandwiched in-between two pieces of glass with a huge battery, fast processor, 64GB of memory, lots of Ram and a screen that has been unrivaled to this day. All of that in one of the thinnest, skinniest, and shortest smartphone on the market today. It has a feel in your hand that no other phone can match.

"4g, front facing cam that you DO NOT need to be on wifi to use..."

With iOS 5 you can do Face Time over 3G. But of course just jailbreak your phone and then you can do anything.

"google fucking maps with navi... that hands down is super useful..."

Google's Navigation is good, but not the best. Google doesn't do Nav like Garmin, TomTom, Navigon, or Motion Drive X. All which are available on the iPhone.

Hell, Navigation is soo good on the iPhone with these Apps, that you can turn your Pioneer or JVC non-nav deck into a full blown nav deck for no cost. Just because it's compatible with the iPhone. let's see your Android device do that.

"the tegra 2 processor... hands down best in the market right now..."

That's complete bullsh!t. Because the Cortex A9 dual core from Samsung Galaxy S II and iPad2 walks all over the Tegra 2 dual core.

Sure, it's not in the iPhone 4. But we all have to remember the iPhone 4 is a year old. When it was release there were zero dual core smart phones on the market at the time. But I guarantee the iPhone 5 will be rocking this processor.

"oh yeah, no itunes... i am able to use my phone as a hard drive.... and can put ANY file on it to store it...."

So can any Jailbroken iPhone.

"stock.... non rooted..."

Who runs Stock Android without rooting? No Android user I know?

Oh wait, I lie... my Wife. She doesn't use the phone for anything more than a Facebook portal and phone.

ai.gifPhone: 559.229.0123 Web: www.aifresno.com Email: [email protected]Brands: Audison, Hertz, Ascendant Audio, Pioneer, JVC Arsenal, Alpine, Sony, Kenwood, Stinger, Compustar Pro, Audio Control, Second Skin.

I'd argue that the superamoleds rival if not best the iphone screens. i can sideload garmin tomtom ect with my rom manager, i like being able to swap out my microsd cards as well, and like i said i like mine for what i do at work, to each their own....different strokes for different folks

Android dominates smartphone share, I LOVE my DroidX rooted (2.3.x I love me some gingerbread)

Of course they do....

Android is Free to developers and manufactures.

276 Smartphones use the Android Operating System.

118 Tablets/E-readers use the Android Operating System.

4 Smartpohones use the iOS operating system.

2 Tablets/E-readers use the iOS operating system.

Smartphone Platform Market Share

65.8 million people in the U.S. own smartphones

Google Android captured the #1 ranking among smartphone platforms with 31.2 percent market share.

followed by Apple with 24.7 percent. Microsoft 8.0 percent, Palm 3.2 percent

Apple had 25% of the market share w/4 phones vs. 276 phones.

No wonder they lost.

ai.gifPhone: 559.229.0123 Web: www.aifresno.com Email: [email protected]Brands: Audison, Hertz, Ascendant Audio, Pioneer, JVC Arsenal, Alpine, Sony, Kenwood, Stinger, Compustar Pro, Audio Control, Second Skin.

I'd argue that the superamoleds rival if not best the iphone screens.

There are a few problems with the Super AMOLED screens.

1. Outdoors performnce is sub par compared to their LCD counterparts.

2. Resolution. With the high resolution of these LCD screens aka: qHD 960x540(4.3" screen) or Retnia display 960x640(3.5" screen). Super AMOLED better step it up.

Now, with the new Super AMOLED Plus screen Samsung just threw into the Infuse and Galaxy S II fixed the outdoor performance. But the resolution is too low on a 4.3 - 4.5" screen @ 800x480.

and like i said i like mine for what i do at work, to each their own....different strokes for different folks

No doubt at all. I completely agree with you. "to each their own"

But that doesn't make Android "better" than iOS. Nor the other way around.

apple has the advantage of coming first too, even tho they have only 4 phones. they pretty much started it. i had an iphone but got sick of having to wait for jailbreaks, then there were no solid jailbreaks, just tethered ones. then you could jailbreak but had to be on AT&T only or some shit like that. went to android after that.

plus from a developers point of view, android's market is free :) except i hate java lol

http://www.androidcaraudio.com/

i dont see apple with car radios :P

just sayin....

Apple will never OEM their OS to any developer. Android gives it to anyone for free.

But luckily because Apple keeps everything locked down and universal the Aftermarket companies can use this to their advantage. For example, Pioneer is coming out with their "App Radio" that puts your iPhone iOS on your dash. This would be impossible with the Android OS because of the vast amount of different versions of software.

apple has the advantage of coming first too, even tho they have only 4 phones. they pretty much started it. i had an iphone but got sick of having to wait for jailbreaks, then there were no solid jailbreaks, just tethered ones. then you could jailbreak but had to be on AT&T only or some shit like that. went to android after that.

plus from a developers point of view, android's market is free :) except i hate java lol

you can't say apple started the idea for a smartphone or that concept, HTC made "smartphones" and PDAS were out long before the iphone

Bottom line is fanboys will jock what they have regardless if its better or not.

Bullsh!t, because there are people like James and Myself that had or have both phones in their arsenal. People like us that can be unbiased and bring both sides of the table to an discussion, aka: argument.

I have adroid i prefer it over the iphone. Why? because I cant leave well enough alone and like to fuck with things.

Jailbreak.

If you just want a phone camera etc. stick to apple. if you want to dissect your phone and make it do tricks get a droid.

...or get an iPhone and Jailbreak.

The "App Store" is designed to keep everything as smooth as possible from the consumer side. Every App has been diligently tested by Apple before they release it into the Store. It's also is designed to make the money for the developers. Apple has Paid $2.5 Billion to Developers as of June 2011. No wonder there are more apps on the App Store than the Android Market.

apple has the advantage of coming first too, even tho they have only 4 phones. they pretty much started it.

They didn't start the Smartphone. Smartphones were out way before Apple even thought of making a phone.

Apple just changed the smartphone to what it is today. No buttons, all touch screen, etc. That was Apple's doing.

iPhone launched: June 29, 2007

App Store launched: July 10, 2008

Android Phones and Market launched: 21 October 2008

Archived