Wtb - Laptop

pstone11

Looking for a laptop - nothing outrageous - for my wife to take to and from work, and to use when we travel. 15" screen or better, 1Gb memory, 80Gb or better hard drive, wireless internet, able to play DVD's nicely... Let me know if you have anything. Looking for less than $500.

I'll probaly order one from dell this weekend if I get no hits from here... Late, Pat

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

Looking for a laptop - nothing outrageous - for my wife to take to and from work, and to use when we travel. 15" screen or better, 1Gb memory, 80Gb or better hard drive, wireless internet, able to play DVD's nicely... Let me know if you have anything. Looking for less than $500.

I'll probaly order one from dell this weekend if I get no hits from here... Late, Pat

Hey bro, don't know if you're interested, but I've got a sony Vaio. It's about 3 years old now, but it's still up to par with many laptops now. It was considered a "Desktop replacement", so it has a lot of powerful stuff you'd see in a desktop. It has a relatively short battery life because of the parts, but it plays (and burns) dvds great. It has an internal wireless g card, and was very quick on the internet. I'll look up the memory for you. It's pretty much got a ton of room to upgrade too. It worked great until the hard drive died in it almost a year ago after 2 years of use. I replaced the hard drive with a 60gb and had a local shop do the work. They replaced the sony version of windows with a generic version which prevented the volume buttons and shortcut buttons from working, but it still reads memory cards. Only a month or two later it went out the same way, I figured it was the hard drive again, and instead of paying the shop to replace it again I decided to buy a new one.

The sony version of windows was around 100-200 last time I checked (about a year ago). It needs whatever went wrong fixed, It cost a bit over $100 for the hardrive installed, and it seems like it could've gone out again.

I'll sell the computer for 250 shipped obo, with battery, power cord, and all the information I have on it. It really is a great laptop, it just needs some geeksquad help. Just let me know.

Edited by tejcurrent

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Thanks man - we're looking for one that is in working order, no bugs, no work involved for us to get it going. Thanks again though.

No problem, just thought I'd throw it out there. It should only need a minor fix, but I don't know for sure. I know it's hard to find a good computer online- best luck with it!

Edited by tejcurrent

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3