3 way system questions

nickers

im making my own 3 way system. i have an 8" for the lower midbass, a 4 inch for the higher midbass and dome tweeters. im going to place the 8 in the door the tweeter on the pillar and the 4 inch in the center console. That is where my question comes from. Will it sound bad because the mids arent beside each other? im not going for super high sound quality but if its going to sound like shit im not gonna do it.

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

I would keep the mid and the tweet together if you are using a midbass. You could toss that 4" in the A pillars too. Will you be going active or do you have a passive crossover? What drivers are you using? It's always nice to see other people into 3-ways. I use a 10" midbass, 6.5 mid", 1" tweet

If you have the energy make a baffle and use modeling clay to seal it and try out different positions in the vehicle. The mids could sound great in that position. Try it and see if you like it.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

the thing is i already have holes cut in the center console for the 4's. this is my first 3-way originally i was gonna do 2 8's in the doors (bass,midbass) so i might just do that. the 4's i have are kicker coaxials so i may just run them on a different amp. the actual speakers for the 3 way are pretty ghetto but i love it. they are an 8" pioneer dual 6 ohm sub (oldschool) and an 8" midbass from a ceiling speaker my dad brought home. they both sound good. the tweet are just some 1" domes, i wanna get some crescendo super tweeter and do a proper setup with better equipment but im ccurrently unemployed

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

Archived