SnowDrifter Posted June 15, 2011 Report Posted June 15, 2011 2002 Jeep Wrangler with 43k on it started leaking a couple drops of differential fluid from where the driveshaft goes into the differential. Where should I go from here? Get a seal kit? Replace the differential? Bite the bullet and take it to a shop and let them deal with it? Quote ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
white4d96 Posted June 15, 2011 Report Posted June 15, 2011 Probably a seal kit. Quote Too many projects, too little time...
SnowDrifter Posted June 15, 2011 Author Report Posted June 15, 2011 Probably a seal kit. I poked around and talked to some friends. As fun as it would be to do it my self, I think I will take it to a trusted shop and have them to the work. From what I understand, some of the parts on there are torqued to 200-300ftlbs, which is more than I have the tools to deal with. Thanks for the help though Quote ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
white4d96 Posted June 15, 2011 Report Posted June 15, 2011 Could pull diff urself then take it to shop. Save some $ on labor. Quote Too many projects, too little time...
SnowDrifter Posted June 19, 2011 Author Report Posted June 19, 2011 I just took it to the shop and let them deal with it. Also got a top to bottom vehicle inspection, and they did my front pads + rotors. Turns out that the previous owner had tried to change the pads but stripped the caliper bolts, and they overfilled the brake fluid. Quote ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.