Sonic Electronix

yeah the bass knob goes to the amp. and the volume on the amp is all the way up. so im just adjusting the bass by the knob not sure if that's bad or not.

never had a crunch amp but gonna guess with gain all the way up its a clipping light

Damn so i need to move the gain down, and the bass knob up. That's the same thing though, so i take it i just need a better amp to push the sub i already have, but no point in getting into that lol.

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

Damn so i need to move the gain down, and the bass knob up. That's the same thing though, so i take it i just need a better amp to push the sub i already have, but no point in getting into that lol.

im pretty sure with the gain down no matter how much you turn the bass knob up it can't put out more than than where your gain is set i was hopin someone that was in here that maybe had a crunch amp would say for sure but im sure with gain all the way up you are clippin like a mofo

Yeah that is how it works i checkedd tonight because someone told me that, but to prevent the clipping if i turn the gain down on my amp will that should eliminate the clipping, but then my sub doesn't push as hard.. guess this is what they mean when they say don't buy a cheap amp it won't push the rms is says haha

Check out my build log:

Yeah that is how it works i checkedd tonight because someone told me that, but to prevent the clipping if i turn the gain down on my amp will that should eliminate the clipping, but then my sub doesn't push as hard.. guess this is what they mean when they say don't buy a cheap amp it won't push the rms is says haha

if it doesnt go hard enough until youre clipping the shit out of it to get it moving, definitely time for the DCs ;)

well the clipping would be because of the amp tho right not the sub? But i still agree time for dc's lol. I just gotta sell my truck first unfortunately. I would post a picture of the truck i got with the cvx in it dunno how though.

Check out my build log:

clipping is from either you have your head unit up to much, or your amp is turned up to much. clipping is when you try to overdrive the amp causing power spikes and causing the sound wave to have the tips cut off. When the sub is playing and it gets to the flat area in the sound wave it stays in place and heats up from not being able to move to cool down and the spike in current that clipping gives off

clippingDiagram.gif here is a picture of what a normal sound wave and the clipped on the right.

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Both the amp and head unit have a point where they will clip, the sub is just whats taking the power so as long as the head unit and amp are fine the sub isnt going to produce further clipping lol.....also gotta watch out for clipping in songs......but yes i wish i had access to DCs and hopefully you will like them

.....upload photos onto photobucket, imageshack, tinypic, etc. just some image hosting website then get the code and put it on here ;)

EDIT: pretty much what he said ^^ haha

Edited by SPLWGN

haha thanks guys that helps a ton, i don't think it's my headunit it's just my gain on my amp it's all the way up because i was adjusting it with my bass knob. so ill turn that down and my bass knob up more :) ill upload those photos soon mate hold on a second

Check out my build log: