Lowpt's Black widow Cruiser

I decided to post up a little bit about my ride for two reasons. First is the June 2011 SOTM. Second reason is I am accumulating stuff for a new system build and I want everyone to see how it looks now.

First off this is me. tag.jpg

Here is the car.

100_6190-1.jpg

It is an early run 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser. Here is a list of mods I have done to it.

Shaved doors, shaved hatch (backup cam in keyhole), Shaved gas door (relocated behind taillight), Frenched antenna, Spiderweb mirrors, PTeazer cowl hood, Xenon Crusher body kit w/ PTeazer Illusion rear bumper,ADR 17" wheels. It also has anair ride setup featuring- Airlift Easystreet struts in the front, Slam Specialties bags in the rear, a chrome 3 gallon tank and 2- Viar 480c compressors.

sort-of-want.jpg?m=1272638923

not a fan of pt cruisers, but when taken time to fix them up they CAN look good

digging the shaved and lowered look

audio wise, what u have in mind?

Like the title says the car has a Black Widow/spider theme going on. There are webs and spiders all over the car.

Here are my mirrors. 100_6192.jpg

My shifter. shifter.jpg

Billet tray for Optima Redtop. battery.jpg

Soundstream speakers in Q-forms kick panels. 100_4513-1.jpg

Box with some pinstriping. 100_4518.jpg

When I got the car it was nasty. It looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in years. I cleaned the factory gray carpet til I was blue in the face but it never looked good. So, I yanked it out. Changed the color of some interior panels and installed new tan carpet.

100_4319.jpg

100_4356.jpg

100_4361.jpg

Here is a couple of thing that I think are kinda neat. The first is- I covered the factory rear storage pocket with plexi, back lit it with neon, and added the vinyl graphic.

100_4358-1.jpg

Next is the Killerglass, glass upper radiator hose that wife got me for Father's day last year. It is visible in the pic of the battery tray above but, this is what it looks like at night shows.

100_5880.jpg

Now on to what y'all want to know about, THE STEREO!! It isn't bangin' by the standard of the rides on here but I am happy with it. I have a Jensen VM-9512 multimedia head unit and Jensen headrest monitors.

100_4515-1.jpg

The car has Boston Acoustics coaxial speakers in the doors and C-pillars that were there when I bought it. I added the Soundstreams to the kicks that are pictured above. The box is a fiberglass one that I built and painted . The pinstriping was done at a show. The subs are Volfenhaag 10". They are powered by a Soundstream xta360.4.

100_4517.jpg

I started working on this car with no intention of building much of a system at all. I just wanted it to look good. This is why I built the box so small and the shape that it is. It used to be in a different position when I first built it. Well after hearing so many "young punks" at shows telling me what I should do to my system I have decided to start a rebuild. Still, nothing over the top but hopfully will get the job done. here is what I am planning. 2- Sundown SA-8s d4 these will be powered by a Soundstream tx1.1300d I am also adding a set of Soundstream RF-60c components to the doors. These will replace the Boston acoustics. These and the kicks will be powered by a Soundstream TX4.560.

101_0821-1.jpg

sort-of-want.jpg?m=1272638923

not a fan of pt cruisers, but when taken time to fix them up they CAN look good

digging the shaved and lowered look

audio wise, what u have in mind?

I added the audio stuff after you posted.

If I had a dollar for everytime I heard someone say " I never liked Pt Cruisers but, I love your car!". I could afford to do a LOT more to it. I love it because it is kinda unique. When I go to an open show I am almost always the only cruiser there.

wow very nice...

why ddint you go for soundstream subs? lol...

non the less... love the diamond plate peices...

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack

definitely the nicest PT Cruiser I have ever seen. :good:

edit: How do you like the killerglass is it just like a clear radiator hose with a light in it?

2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette

2003 corvette z06

alpine radio and the bose system that came stock

Archived