SOCAL guys... need some advice

heres the deal.... just got offered a job at edwards afb.... which is around the palmdale, lancaster area.... the job, pay, and everything else is pretty comprable to my current position.... so just trying to figure out more about the area. i would probably end up having to get a place around palmdale or lancaster... cuz i really dont feel like making a 2 hour drive each way to work... so.... thoughts about that area? i know its out in the desert, but thats about the extent of my knowledge of it. just trying to figure out if it would be worth putting out the coin to move cross country (live in DC now, and f*cking hate it).... more just asking about the area, cost of living, standard of living... that type of sh*t.

current build:

99 bagged montero sport

subs: 4 AQ HDC3 18's, walled in a clamshell box

amps: subs- 2 modded AQ 2200's, running 2550 at 1 ohm each

components: (rf p1 8:(midbass), 2 cadence cwm 6.5, memphis pr 6.5 coax)- each door

HU: android galaxy tablet, Kenwood KVT-516

2/0 gauge ran all around

6 optima red tops (will be updated, i get them DIRT cheap)

keeping my fingers crossed for membership into the 160 db club!

MY BUILD LOG

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL (SUBSCRIBE!)

its LA your cost of living is going to be high

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

i've already done the comparison... its actually a lil bit cheaper than where i live now... just more wondering bout the palmdale/lancaster area... dont want to take a job if i have to live in a shit hole, u kno

current build:

99 bagged montero sport

components: (rf p1 8:(midbass), 2 cadence cwm 6.5, memphis pr 6.5 coax)- each door

2/0 gauge ran all around

MY BUILD LOG

i've already done the comparison... its actually a lil bit cheaper than where i live now... just more wondering bout the palmdale/lancaster area... dont want to take a job if i have to live in a shit hole, u kno

It's boring in Palmdale. There really isn't much to do.

is there much within an hour or so drive?? and how is palmdale itself... ghetto? nice? etc... just trying to figure out the area

current build:

99 bagged montero sport

2/0 gauge ran all around

MY BUILD LOG

is there much within an hour or so drive?? and how is palmdale itself... ghetto? nice? etc... just trying to figure out the area

There are things you can do in Palmdale but the choices aren't many is what I was trying to get across. Also, some of the people are ghetto but the area itself isn't.

its LA your cost of living is going to be high

Negative my friend! Rent and or Mortgage is going to be very cheap. (Well at least to our standards) Food and day to day expenses will be similar to actual LA living but will be some what cheaper. The area is geared to be affordable to military personal and families so it's kept budget able for them. I will say, it is far away from LA and to me it is like a dead zone. I picture it to be like what it is to live in other lonesome states,

As far as the Palmdale/Lancaster area, stay away if you have teenagers. The area is infested with drug use. The only part of my family that happened to move out there due to it being so cheap ended up with two of my cousin's totally out of their mind. My female cousin randomly disappears and leaves her kids behind with out care. My male cousin is totally out of it as well and even poured gasoline on his wife and came close to igniting her. The drug use comes from migration of low income families that moved there to be able to afford a home. Forcing parents to work multiple jobs and leaving the kids unattended. So unsupervised kids plus an extremely boring area equates to kids entertaining themselves with drugs. Which in turn makes the area into a bad area to raise teenagers.... Now there is some nice area still remaining and I believe the are building more schools so I would look into that if I was planning on moving into that area.

Random vids of the Avalanche My link

Team Bass-Hz

there has been a lot of construction and growth in the past few years there.. New malls, homes, schools, and whatnot. I will say that the temps are pretty extreme. When it gets cold, its COLD and ice has been reported before. And when summer time comes around, it reaches 100F of dry heat easy. But as siete cinqo mentioned, its a very affordable place to live in the downtown LA area. To get to downtown LA/Hollywood, its about a 45min - 1hr drive without traffic..

Edited by enemyofsilence

Team Bass-Hz