Sundown Audio

SAE-500D Prototype More Information

You mentioned strapping on little amps. Well Jacob look at it like this. You have a way to get 1000,2000, and 3000 watts into 2 ohm loads since you only offer those wattages at 1 ohm.

Just like I love the SAZ-1500v2 you got me but I'm not running it because I don't have a combination of woofers that I can use with it to get the power I need.

Everything I have boughten in the last 10 years have been optimized for 2 ohm amps and I have no money to buy any subs right now.

I wish you had a woofer trade in program. I have a set of woofers that have one hell of a motor that I don't want but they are SPL subs with fs at 50 hertz. (2 American Bass VFL 10's) (I only have a couple burps on them) (LOL and I can't find anyone that will buy them from me)

EDIT; How about a trade for 2 of your d4 SA 12s to use with my SAZ-1500v2 :)

cant u buy recone kits to make them suit your needs?

I know but I want them perfect and I have never built a sub from scratch. I want to keep the high power handling with an Fs of atleast 25 and able to use them in a sealed or ported box.

Finally I'm tired of 10s, I have fallen in love with 15s but the SA 12 has my interest. I just don't know if I could build a sub for less than it would cost to buy a new sub the size I want because NO more 10s for me.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Or another alternative is to get one more 1500v2 and strap it to get you 3000rms@ 2ohm... my $0.02

And by the way SA's are very popular, but the X series look promising!

My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O -

2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db

2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db