Sorry but i just wont take that breaking a sub in will prevent a surround that stays the same density from ripping. Seems like a limit was reacjed and the surrpund pulled itself apart there to me

Well true. But I think I would of break them in a little it would of prevented this ? Cuss someone had told me I need to play them at half power for a while to break them in. But I said bullshit it should be able to play at rated. Maybe Its me getting below 30hz full power . It is users(me) fault . When I do add the 2nd 3k (whenever I get it ) ima try to not play below 35hz. Cuss yea it was me demoing me demoing for hours Sunday at a show, playing lows ! Lol

Again these are my favorite subs I ever owned ! Hell I don't mind playin below 25hz some days on purpose cuss I wanna recone them with upgraded spiders and carbon cone lol ... Love your avatar !!!

I agree surround just reached its limit and after break in the cone has more travel do to the spiders getting softer. my question is did the surround tear or did the glue let loose the reason i asked is because the glue on one of my 9518s that holds the spider ring to the spider landing let loose

Only DC Dealer In Alaska

thats a tear, you can tell in the video that it wasnt a glue joint that let loose. I have one (a dd) free airing for going on 15 hours after today. 20hz 450ish rms to a 3512 about half excursion...if thats not enough of break in...i dont know what is. When i turned it off last night it felt no looser then when i started the whole prosess.