Second Skin Audio

Need to choose one 12 for new system! Fi, RE, Memphis or Rockford?

I am currently running 2 of the new alPine type R 10s 600watts RMS each in a 3.0 cb ft box tuned to about 33htz powered by a 1000 watt rms arc audio amp! I wanna Do a single 12 setup and will be powering it with the same 1000 watt amp! I'm hoping that the new sub hits just as hard or harder then my 10s which I think hit pretty hard and sound great! I made the box to specs for the type Rs and will me making the box to specs doe the new sub! Im looking into the Fi Q, Fi BL, a Memphis mojo, a Rockford Power T2, a RE SXX, Audioque hdc3 or any other good sub u guys can throw out their! I'm really considering the Fi cuz I've always heard good things and that they hit but I don't know if to get the Q or the BL and if it would be louder then my type Rs! Please I need some help and advice!!!

Fi is a great company. IMO theyre the best for the price. Ive got 2 12" Q's in a 5ft^3 box tuned to 30hz and it sounds amazing. at full tilt it looks like my trunk lid is about to fly off haha. But theyre super clean and pretty damn loud for sure. Ive also heard a single 15 in a box tuned to 32hz and that was pretty damn loud too. Ive never heard the BL's but I highly recommend the Q's

1996 Buick Lesabre Limited - 2 Fi Q 12's, 5ft^3 slot ported box tuned to 30hz, MMATS 3000.1, JL G4500, 5.25" Polk momo comps, cheap 6x9's (rear fill), Pioneer DEH-P8300UB, Knu wiring throughout, Big 3 all 1/0, stock alt, stock batt, Deka 8a31 in the trunk

---Now gone to the younger brother, and all the equipment is sitting in my garage.

96 Buick Lesabre Build Log

Whether or not it will be louder depends on the install. I will tell you 2 10s on the same power have more cone area than a single 12...

All the subs you've mentioned are great, get whichever is more affordable.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Whether or not it will be louder depends on the install. I will tell you 2 10s on the same power have more cone area than a single 12...

All the subs you've mentioned are great, get whichever is more affordable.

Yea that's true but I tried a 10 Orion hcca in my car and it hit harder then my 2 tens with the same amp just didn't really like the sound quality on it but I mean if that 10 outhit my 10s on the same amp im hoping I can get a powerful 12 that will sound just as got if not better! How's DC sounds I forgot to consider those!

I'm pretty partial to the rockford t2 but that's just me I love mine and everyone customer who gets them loves them and if it's in the right box it should slam but could use a little more power than the arc.

have you considered an obsidian audio subwoofer? they are really hard to beat for the price! they get loud and low with very low distortion compared to the type r s

No I had not heard of obsidian I just checked them out and they look cool! I like sundown and know thy have a good rep however those subs say they r 600 watts RMs and I'm looking for a single 12 in the 1000-1200 rms range!

all the subs you mentioned are great sounding subs, i guess its just really all personal preference and price

1996 Buick Lesabre Limited - 2 Fi Q 12's, 5ft^3 slot ported box tuned to 30hz, MMATS 3000.1, JL G4500, 5.25" Polk momo comps, cheap 6x9's (rear fill), Pioneer DEH-P8300UB, Knu wiring throughout, Big 3 all 1/0, stock alt, stock batt, Deka 8a31 in the trunk

---Now gone to the younger brother, and all the equipment is sitting in my garage.

96 Buick Lesabre Build Log