Second Skin Audio

a popping noise

i have noticed that when i open my hatch on my jeep and turn up my incriminator audio death penalty 18 and the bass hits in makes a popping noise at the beginning of the bass note. why is this? the amp is a 2400 watt hifonics brz and the gain is less the 1/4 of the way turnt up, the bass db is half way, the lpf is at 70 hz and the ssf is at 25. so wats my problem?

incriminator audio death penalty 18' dual 1.6 to be exact.

hifonics brz2400.1 wired 2 .8 ohms.

hifonics hfi 100.4 mids and highs.

hifonics zeus 6.5 separates 11mm tweets.

3 300 amp fuses, 0 gauge wire.

yellow top optima in front and back.

alpine head unit.

sub is unloading and bottoming out.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

sub is unloading and bottoming out.

but its not flexing out that much? and wat does unloading mean?

alpine head unit.

Bass DB is at half? Turn that all the way down.

and wat if that dont fix it?

alpine head unit.

when you open the hatch there is less pressure inside the cab. sub moves a lot easier. your sure it doesnt do it with the hatch closed?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Bass DB is at half? Turn that all the way down.

and wat if that dont fix it?

doesnt really matter. thats step 1 in fixing your system. learn how to set your gains. plenty of info here on that.

I dont mean to thread jack but is it really the pressure difference? if so that means i can get into the loud zone with my subs because i cant hear any popping from the drivers seat, but then again i cant hear much..

1999 Dodge Caravan

[TrashMobile]

8ga Power/Ground

AudioPipe APSM-1300 (subs)

Scosche 550 (mids/highs)

Boss 735UA Headunit

(2)Hifonics HFi12D4

Still Under Major Construction..

Archived