To start things off i might as well introduce myself. I am your average 16 year old basshead who got stuck with moms old van to drive around. So instead of dreading the ride i thought i could get some nice sound for it. As of right now i have a terrible messy and patched together system. That consists of a Lightning audio 12" and a pioneer 10" box boxes are way to small to be ported. but i ported them anyway.Heres a picture For the new build im still going to be on a tight budget but i am VERY determined to make some cheap subs get loud. heres a really rough idea of what i want it to look like in the back of my van Click for diagram The horizontal box will hold the 2 12" Hifonics HFi12D4's they will be in about 5.2cube box ported(tuned to around 36hz) and the two vertical boxes will house 2 Dual 10" subs that i got for free.Dual 10's they will each be in about a 2 cube box ported and tuned to around 36hz as well.I should be getting the 12's here pretty quickly and im still looking for a nice 1000w RMS amp. then all i need to do is start building!

1999 Dodge Caravan

[TrashMobile]

8ga Power/Ground

AudioPipe APSM-1300 (subs)

Scosche 550 (mids/highs)

Boss 735UA Headunit

(2)Hifonics HFi12D4

Still Under Major Construction..

Don't mix woofers first of all, stick with 10's or 12's with the area of a Van i'd go with the 12's not the mention Lightning Audio are junk. Second those aren't ports, those are holes cut in a piece of wood thats it if anything it's hurting your sound right now with those holes.

What type of amplifier/power will you be running? whats your maximum budget and what do you want/need? I can tell you right now two properly enclosed 12's off some decent power will get loud in a van, I'd tune right @ 35hz all the way through, maybe 34 to hit a little low but no lower on those Hifonics personally.

Get a Hifonics Brutus 1200 or get an Audiopipe AP1000.1D (the REAL kind not the small series.) This is going to be 1ohm load so make sure the subwoofers are Dual 4. Then build a nice ported enclosure @ 35hz probably about 4cft with 50-60cubic inches.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

The holes in my boxes have lengths of PVC slid down into the boxes. and i respect your advice to not mix woofers. but whynot? As for the amp im looking for a nice powerful amp for around $100

1999 Dodge Caravan

[TrashMobile]

8ga Power/Ground

Scosche 550 (mids/highs)

Boss 735UA Headunit

(2)Hifonics HFi12D4

U have to start somewhere I commend your effort

03' NISSAN XTERRA

(1) AQ3500d

(1) AQ4x90

(1) Audio Control Line Driver

(4) DC LVL 4 15's

Cresendo Mids and Highs

100' of 0/guage

Big Three

Mechman 270a Charging @ 16.5v

(6) XS D1400's

Highest Termlab Score 149.9 at the kick & 166.1 in the Port/ on stock electrical and 1 DC XL M1

Updated JUNE 2012*****MY BUILD LOG

USACI REGION 6 POINTS LEADER 2011

USACI KANSAS RECORD HOLDER 2011

Team DC

dcletterhead.jpg

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

not the mention Lightning Audio are junk. Second those aren't ports, those are holes

:orly3: Didn't they used to be with Rockford Fosgate?

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

not the mention Lightning Audio are junk. Second those aren't ports, those are holes

:orly3: Didn't they used to be with Rockford Fosgate?

The Box it came in said "From the makers of RockFord Fosgate" and its rated to 150wRMS and im giving it about 200 and no issues with over 5 months of daily use.

1999 Dodge Caravan

[TrashMobile]

8ga Power/Ground

Scosche 550 (mids/highs)

Boss 735UA Headunit

(2)Hifonics HFi12D4

5x7's are in!

210452_1895248175602_1073501275_32161108_1859525_o.jpg

209695_1895248415608_1073501275_32161109_3750082_o.jpg

1999 Dodge Caravan

[TrashMobile]

8ga Power/Ground

Scosche 550 (mids/highs)

Boss 735UA Headunit

(2)Hifonics HFi12D4

Dude have fun with that stuff you have and will get, but you know that gear is disturbing right? Get a buget amount and buy some new gear @ audio savings.com they have tons of deals, I think you would be better off and alot more happy with the out come, and that is cool about Lightning Audio and RF ,still weak s@#t but cool. O and yes i feel like an total a@# hole for plugging that store but f@#k it. Don't sweat the van I think we all rocked that at one time or another, mine was an 89.

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Don't mix woofers first of all, stick with 10's or 12's with the area of a Van i'd go with the 12's not the mention Lightning Audio are junk. Second those aren't ports, those are holes cut in a piece of wood thats it if anything it's hurting your sound right now with those holes.

What type of amplifier/power will you be running? whats your maximum budget and what do you want/need? I can tell you right now two properly enclosed 12's off some decent power will get loud in a van, I'd tune right @ 35hz all the way through, maybe 34 to hit a little low but no lower on those Hifonics personally.

Get a Hifonics Brutus 1200 or get an Audiopipe AP1000.1D (the REAL kind not the small series.) This is going to be 1ohm load so make sure the subwoofers are Dual 4. Then build a nice ported enclosure @ 35hz probably about 4cft with 50-60cubic inches.

lightning audio used to be tc sounds too fyi

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

Archived