Sonic Electronix

Where did you get the carpeting from?

I got it from best buy actually, was like 10 bucks, bought some spray adhesive and went to town.

first off port area is simply WxH. LxWxH would be port volume. anyway port noise is sorta like whistling kinda noise. think of forcing alot of air through a smallll hole... like blowing real hard on a bendy straw, it whines or whistles. as for damaging the sub.. meh its possible in certain scenarios, but in yours, dont worry about it. like someone else said itll more than likely act like a sealed box (with an admittedly large leak lol). no bog deal. bump it for now untill you can build a better box and they enjoy the improvement in your bumpage and in also learning something

Thanks for the advice bud. When I get some extra time and green I will buy supplies, design a box, and post the design up here BEFORE I start to build, lol.

Hells yeah man!!! Keep it up dude, I've been learning a lot of things like that lately and it's the best way to learn, plus you'll see te improvement first hand and there is nothing better than that!

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs