Fiberglass

frizzy

Ok, so i'm looking to buy some fiberglass. I'll be making some fiberglass boxes for a '89 CRX and will also be doing a lot of the custom body work with it too. I'm kinda new to the whole fiber glassing thing. I know how to fiberglass i'm just not sure what weight mat I should be using for each job and/or layer of glass. With that said, I need answers to:

- What weight mat should I be looking for?

- Is there a good place online I should buy from or should I look locally?

- Is there a best resin for the job, or are they all pretty much the same?

Any help is appreciated, but I don't want a how-to book on this as i'm sure many of you could write. I live near Kansas City Missouri if that helps anyone out on finding a local supplier.

Thanks,

Trevor

1988 Honda CRX SiPioneer DEH-P7200HDAutotek M2500.1DT3 Audio T.400 12" x23 CuFt @ 30Hz

look at a place fiberglasssite.com for some mat.

as for the resin. its usually cheaper to buy it an a local autozone similar store, when you buy it online its not much cheaper and you have to pay additional shipping because its hazardous.

uscomposites.com for anything and everything you need. usually 1.5oz mat is the more popular choice, and B440 resin is also the more popular resin used. you can also look for mat or resin at a boat supply store if you have one in your area...

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco