My Home Audio

I am looking at doing this my self with the equipment I have in the car, everything is sorted for the build but I can not figure out how to ground the amps, so how did you ground the amps?????????

looks good but the sound does not come up to well

if ur gna ground an amp in a car, you need to connect the ground to the chassis of the car, thats a good ground, the cable shouldnt be more than 50cm and use a medium thick wire then your good! :D, you can ground it too the back seats with the bolt

it bangs ;D

Cerwin Vega <3 . When Bass Counts!

Nice man. I love CV. I'm pissed that I sold my HT setup. I had 2 LS-12's, 2 VE-5's, 2 VE-8's, and a powered CV-12.

ahh;'(

bet that sounded great! ;D cv for ever! :D:D gna have cv in my car too:P

I had a cv-10 in my car for my first system. In a kerf ported box. People thought I had 2 12's lol

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

if ur gna ground an amp in a car, you need to connect the ground to the chassis of the car, thats a good ground, the cable shouldnt be more than 50cm and use a medium thick wire then your good! :D, you can ground it too the back seats with the bolt

it bangs ;D

I know this already, I mean in house audio with the car audio, I will be taking it out when I get the new stuff and instead of it going to wait, I am going to build something for the house

6F12AARZFX.jpg

I had a cv-10 in my car for my first system. In a kerf ported box. People thought I had 2 12's lol

hahahaha sweeet:D

it bangs ;D

I know this already, I mean in house audio with the car audio, I will be taking it out when I get the new stuff and instead of it going to wait, I am going to build something for the house

if your using an PC power supply connect a 12v wire(yellow) to the positive(+) terminal of your amp. And the black one to the negative(-) of your amp. Some amps also have a mem terminal this is used to keep the amps settings when the cars ignition is turned off. Some amps need this to work other dont, if yours does need/have this attach another yellow wire to this terminal. Now depending on your powersupply and how old it is will depend on how you turn it on older ones have a switch (AT power supplys) newer ATX power supplys are turned on by the motherboard, this isnt a problem though there is a hack to get around this. There should be a largish connector coming out of the powersupply about a 20 pin connector i forget how many now but anyways cut the green wire going into the plug and a black wire. Now when you want to turn on the powersupply short these two wires and it will start up., i think you can make an switch here but i havet tried

if your using an PC power supply connect a 12v wire(yellow) to the positive(+) terminal of your amp. And the black one to the negative(-) of your amp. Some amps also have a mem terminal this is used to keep the amps settings when the cars ignition is turned off. Some amps need this to work other dont, if yours does need/have this attach another yellow wire to this terminal. Now depending on your powersupply and how old it is will depend on how you turn it on older ones have a switch (AT power supplys) newer ATX power supplys are turned on by the motherboard, this isnt a problem though there is a hack to get around this. There should be a largish connector coming out of the powersupply about a 20 pin connector i forget how many now but anyways cut the green wire going into the plug and a black wire. Now when you want to turn on the powersupply short these two wires and it will start up., i think you can make an switch here but i havet tried

ah right cool, cheers, oh and I would throw a Battery to help with the power as I will have 3 amps running, so if it works as you said sound I will do this good.gif

6F12AARZFX.jpg

• 1 month later...

ah right cool, cheers, oh and I would throw a Battery to help with the power as I will have 3 amps running, so if it works as you said sound I will do this good.gif

ive done it. im usin 3 pc power supplys and one xbox charger;D on an GAS SilverC2.. banngs like hell.. just make a switch between the green wire and black wire:D:D i hooke all greens on a switch an one black:D:D works all 3 psus powers on at the same time:D

i hate i got rid of my cv vmax 12's, but ah well lol

how much did that ned amp run u?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

i hate i got rid of my cv vmax 12's, but ah well lol

how much did that ned amp run u?

:P ive changed it abit. im using a car amplifier on the 15" and the nad is running the 12"s. im using pc powersupplys to power the car amp :D its pretty sweet

Archived