06 Civic Build - New Build List on page 60

the updates look good man. You have some serious time in that car. the adjustments look great btw. I really want to do coil overs on my car but I don't feel like dropping 2 grand lol. How does it ride? any plans on HIDs or 4 wheels disc conversion?

It just dawned on me I never answered your second question. I answered the HID question, but I already have 4 wheel disc brakes. What I'd like to do, when the audio is done, is get a big brake kit. Brembo, Wilwood, or even the Si kit would be fine for me. Just something bigger. These things are tiny. With brakes this small it's like trying to stop the car like Fred Flintstone! Stick the feet down and push back! So anyway, to answer your question, probably next summer, when the audio is done and I've got funds back in the bank account, I'll be getting some new tires (215x40x18 or 215x35x18) new big brake kit, and of course the stainless steel brake lines to go with them.

Anyway, sorry there's been a lot going on, with the build, with critics on other sites, with work, and my family. :shrug: Life!

Spent 2 hours reading this entire thing. Best build ive seen on here yet. You my friend are a genius. Im only 15 and i put a system in my truck. Im getting really into the fiberglassing and fabricating thing. Those headlights look amazing. How did u learn all this stuff man!? how can i get as good as you?! haha great work! keep it up! It has to be all u think about, isnt it?? i know with mine i have a hard time sleepin cause i get so many ideas. Excellent work

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Thanks guys! I'll most likely go with the Wilwoods (if I run into cash somehow) or probably the more realistic of the two the HFP big brake kit.

Twostrokeking - it is kind of all I think about, and to add to that I rarely get to spend too much time on it. Right now I'm so close to getting those projectors done and installed it's killing me not to have time to work on those. Add the fact that I'm soo damn close to getting started on audio. So it is all I think about for the most part when I have time. I have a terribly stressful job, cause I'm extremely overworked and it's very easy to get on these forums and just say F work and just screw off on here all day. It can be a curse for sure! But going over and over and over and over again in my head leads me to newer designs and fresh ideas. I've built this car about 100 times in my head, and that's just the audio alone and it looks sick! I can't wait to get it in real physical life, to see and show how sick it really is!

armykyle1 - check out TheRetrofitSource.com if you haven't already. They're great for plug and play things and not badly priced either! That's where my stuff has come from. I think I will for sure be doing a quad set up in the future. Probably once the audio is done.

How would one go about converting from non-projector headlights to projectors? I've been told that projectors are much better at night. Plus, I think they look better.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT
No system planned just yet.

Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.

It just depends on what's available for your vehicle. I'd start at Theretrofitsource.com, email them and it should end up being Mike you talk to. He can help you with some info on the projectors. The one's I got were Morimoto Mini H1 Projector kit with 5000K Bulbs. You all will be seeing pictures of those very very soon.

The other place you can go to for help is www.customlightz.com, they can help you and have some great information on their site as well. Check those places out and see what you can get from them.

My own personal experiences and opinion, I have seen alot of civic guys doing straight up retro fits where they take projectors from other cars, and ballasts and parts and cut out their headlight housing and epoxy and resin the projector in. LOTS OF WORK!

I kind of cheated cause my projectors that I got are really plug and play to a certain extent. They actually go right into my low beam (9006) hole and screw down with a nut from behind. Then everything else is pretty simple with the HID etc.

It all depends on what you have, and what is available for you. If you want to save some money, I'd go with a plug and play set if you can get away with it. I think i spent like 500.00 for my set plus the HID set for the fog light retros. But having them custom done can cost up to 1100.00 ish! Hope that helps!

Thanks guys! I'll most likely go with the Wilwoods (if I run into cash somehow) or probably the more realistic of the two the HFP big brake kit.

Twostrokeking - it is kind of all I think about, and to add to that I rarely get to spend too much time on it. Right now I'm so close to getting those projectors done and installed it's killing me not to have time to work on those. Add the fact that I'm soo damn close to getting started on audio. So it is all I think about for the most part when I have time. I have a terribly stressful job, cause I'm extremely overworked and it's very easy to get on these forums and just say F work and just screw off on here all day. It can be a curse for sure! But going over and over and over and over again in my head leads me to newer designs and fresh ideas. I've built this car about 100 times in my head, and that's just the audio alone and it looks sick! I can't wait to get it in real physical life, to see and show how sick it really is!

Haha well its all i think about to. Im still in high school so i do mess around on here a lot. Im learning so much! I am definately gonna keep watchin for updates! ill add you as a friend on here to. Good shit man. Keep it up.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

It just depends on what's available for your vehicle. I'd start at Theretrofitsource.com, email them and it should end up being Mike you talk to. He can help you with some info on the projectors. The one's I got were Morimoto Mini H1 Projector kit with 5000K Bulbs. You all will be seeing pictures of those very very soon.

The other place you can go to for help is www.customlightz.com, they can help you and have some great information on their site as well. Check those places out and see what you can get from them.

My own personal experiences and opinion, I have seen alot of civic guys doing straight up retro fits where they take projectors from other cars, and ballasts and parts and cut out their headlight housing and epoxy and resin the projector in. LOTS OF WORK!

I kind of cheated cause my projectors that I got are really plug and play to a certain extent. They actually go right into my low beam (9006) hole and screw down with a nut from behind. Then everything else is pretty simple with the HID etc.

It all depends on what you have, and what is available for you. If you want to save some money, I'd go with a plug and play set if you can get away with it. I think i spent like 500.00 for my set plus the HID set for the fog light retros. But having them custom done can cost up to 1100.00 ish! Hope that helps!

Mine would have to be COMPLETE custom. There is next to NOTHING for my car. So much so that I have trouble finding replacement OEM parts. I just recently found out that the new intake I've wanted (but was highly unsure if it'd fit) actually will.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT
No system planned just yet.

Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.

armykyle1 - check out TheRetrofitSource.com if you haven't already. They're great for plug and play things and not badly priced either! That's where my stuff has come from. I think I will for sure be doing a quad set up in the future. Probably once the audio is done.

I'll for sure check it out! It looks like you're inspiring a lot of people so keep it going lol

Archived