06 Civic Build - New Build List on page 60

It just depends on what's available for your vehicle. I'd start at Theretrofitsource.com, email them and it should end up being Mike you talk to. He can help you with some info on the projectors. The one's I got were Morimoto Mini H1 Projector kit with 5000K Bulbs. You all will be seeing pictures of those very very soon.

The other place you can go to for help is www.customlightz.com, they can help you and have some great information on their site as well. Check those places out and see what you can get from them.

My own personal experiences and opinion, I have seen alot of civic guys doing straight up retro fits where they take projectors from other cars, and ballasts and parts and cut out their headlight housing and epoxy and resin the projector in. LOTS OF WORK!

I kind of cheated cause my projectors that I got are really plug and play to a certain extent. They actually go right into my low beam (9006) hole and screw down with a nut from behind. Then everything else is pretty simple with the HID etc.

It all depends on what you have, and what is available for you. If you want to save some money, I'd go with a plug and play set if you can get away with it. I think i spent like 500.00 for my set plus the HID set for the fog light retros. But having them custom done can cost up to 1100.00 ish! Hope that helps!

Mine would have to be COMPLETE custom. There is next to NOTHING for my car. So much so that I have trouble finding replacement OEM parts. I just recently found out that the new intake I've wanted (but was highly unsure if it'd fit) actually will.

Nah, you can use the same projectors I've got. They make a different adaptor plate for the 9007 bulb type application which is what, if I'm reading it right, you have. The tricky part on these, is that you have to bake your headlight housing to take the front lens off. Once that's done and you have access to the inside of it, you can do the job. Then when you're done, heat it up and clamp the lens back on! Whamo! DONE DEAL! :yahoo: Hree's the ones I got! Morimoto Projectors

Need any other help let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks guys! I'll most likely go with the Wilwoods (if I run into cash somehow) or probably the more realistic of the two the HFP big brake kit.

Twostrokeking - it is kind of all I think about, and to add to that I rarely get to spend too much time on it. Right now I'm so close to getting those projectors done and installed it's killing me not to have time to work on those. Add the fact that I'm soo damn close to getting started on audio. So it is all I think about for the most part when I have time. I have a terribly stressful job, cause I'm extremely overworked and it's very easy to get on these forums and just say F work and just screw off on here all day. It can be a curse for sure! But going over and over and over and over again in my head leads me to newer designs and fresh ideas. I've built this car about 100 times in my head, and that's just the audio alone and it looks sick! I can't wait to get it in real physical life, to see and show how sick it really is!

armykyle1 - check out TheRetrofitSource.com if you haven't already. They're great for plug and play things and not badly priced either! That's where my stuff has come from. I think I will for sure be doing a quad set up in the future. Probably once the audio is done.

I'll for sure check it out! It looks like you're inspiring a lot of people so keep it going lol

Well that's the point of these threads, I'm happy that I can be of some help. By all means ask away if you guys all have questions or anything like that. I'd love to help if I can!

It just depends on what's available for your vehicle. I'd start at Theretrofitsource.com, email them and it should end up being Mike you talk to. He can help you with some info on the projectors. The one's I got were Morimoto Mini H1 Projector kit with 5000K Bulbs. You all will be seeing pictures of those very very soon.

The other place you can go to for help is www.customlightz.com, they can help you and have some great information on their site as well. Check those places out and see what you can get from them.

My own personal experiences and opinion, I have seen alot of civic guys doing straight up retro fits where they take projectors from other cars, and ballasts and parts and cut out their headlight housing and epoxy and resin the projector in. LOTS OF WORK!

I kind of cheated cause my projectors that I got are really plug and play to a certain extent. They actually go right into my low beam (9006) hole and screw down with a nut from behind. Then everything else is pretty simple with the HID etc.

It all depends on what you have, and what is available for you. If you want to save some money, I'd go with a plug and play set if you can get away with it. I think i spent like 500.00 for my set plus the HID set for the fog light retros. But having them custom done can cost up to 1100.00 ish! Hope that helps!

Mine would have to be COMPLETE custom. There is next to NOTHING for my car. So much so that I have trouble finding replacement OEM parts. I just recently found out that the new intake I've wanted (but was highly unsure if it'd fit) actually will.

Nah, you can use the same projectors I've got. They make a different adaptor plate for the 9007 bulb type application which is what, if I'm reading it right, you have. The tricky part on these, is that you have to bake your headlight housing to take the front lens off. Once that's done and you have access to the inside of it, you can do the job. Then when you're done, heat it up and clamp the lens back on! Whamo! DONE DEAL! :yahoo: Hree's the ones I got! Morimoto Projectors

Need any other help let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I'd love to know how you figured out what bulb type I have. Maybe my mine problem is lack of information on my own ride.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT
No system planned just yet.

Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.

I'm just worried that the 9007 retrofit wont fit my housing. That's been my main issue since I started planning mods for my car. I dont want to spend a ton of money for something that might not fit and I wind up with a nice sized paper weight.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT
No system planned just yet.

Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.

Archived