06 Civic Build - New Build List on page 60

Ok so here's the deal. I've got a ton of designs done, however, I don't want to post them yet cause I've got a couple more little things to do. So, it's 2am PST now, I'm exhausted and I'm making a ton of mistakes. So I'm going to bed, I'll post them all up tomorrow, I promise! I love these by the way! So excited! :yahoo:

Okay I don't know squat about winisd or forrest and after reading that I felt like scooters emoticon that all just confused the shit out of me worst part I kept reading thinking it would start making sense...lol damn that imma go lay down my head hurts

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

I'm on it. I got one more thing to do. Right now I'm decorating my christmas tree with my family. As soon as that's done, I'll finish it up and post em. There's a lot of pictures I've got to post of the designs! Like I said, I think it's well worth the wait! :yahoo:

So here we go.

First I did a sealed enclosure, which provides me about .98 cu ft of air space. The sub will face the cabin, it also has a space between the sub and the back seat, or component board. It will also cover the pass through. I've gotten some advise from another installer and competitor on this one, is why I chose this design.

This is like staring at it from the back seat with the back seat down.

SealedCabinSideStraightOn.jpg

Upper angled from the cabin shot.

SealedCabinSide.jpg

This is from the trunk side. To dress it up a bit, I've designed it with a piece of 3/4" plexi or acrylic on the back wall so the motor can be shown off. The inside will be dressed up as well.

SealedEnclosureTrunkSide.jpg

SealedTrunkSide.jpg

Next up is a ported design which will have the sub cone facing the trunk, and the vent exiting through the rear seat pass through. This gives me approximately 1.24 cu ft of airspace, with a port tuned to approx 35.41hz. The show factor here is, the 3/4" plexi which the sub sits in as the sub baffle, and then to see the chrome motor, possibly putting mirrors on the back of the inside of the box. If not, I may go with an orange and black theme. Not sure. But it will be finished off.

Shot from the trunk straight on

PortedEnclosureTrunkSideStraightOn.jpg

angled

PortedEnclosureTrunkSide.jpg

From the cabin side

PortedEnclosureCabinSide.jpg

PortedEnclosureCabinSideStraightOn.jpg

I did the 4th order design a while ago. However I'm thinking more and more about trying to do it side facing. So instead of the sub sitting up and down, having it face side to side. We'll see.

NOW, on to the fun stuff. I didn't want to do this with each box layout, but the amp rack will basically be the same way with each design. So I chose to do this with the Ported design, because it was the last one I finished when I decided on the rack design. So I just used it. Here goes.

So I looked at the design with the 4th order and I liked it with those amps flanking the sub, however I think it just looked a bit crammed in there. So I got to thinking. If I had done the vented or sealed enclosure I could set it to one side and provide myself with a full half of the area to build some sort of rack. I'm still able to utilize the pass through for sound either way, and still have plenty of room for the rack and other things. I'll pretty much describe it as I go. I'll show the picture and then describe it. Here are the pics.

First up!

PortedEnclosureWithAmpRackDrawer1TopView.jpg

PortedEnclosureWithAmpRackDrawer1.jpg

This is an amp drawer for the Audison LRx 1.1k. The amp will be covered as a flush mount so when the drawer is opened up, you'll only see the amp top. With the amp settings on top of the amp this works out well for tuning etc. No need to pull the panels to tune it. As you can see the front of the drawer, in the drawings, have a plexi window and will most likely be lit with leds. I'm not sure about this yet. I may just go basic on the front, I can't decide yet.

PortedEnclosureWithAmpRackDrawer2TopView.jpg

PortedEnclosureWithAmpRackDrawer2.jpg

This is the second drawer. Same layout as the above, however, this one houses the Audison LRx 2.9 for the midbass.

PortedEnclosureWithAmpRackDrawer3TopView.jpg

PortedEnclosureWithAmpRackDrawer3.jpg

Third drawer has the same layout as the first two. This drawer houses the Audison LRx 2.4 for the rear fill. I chose not to use the crossovers in here, the drawer, because it was going to make it really tight, and I really don't like the look of the crossovers at all. I may just hide them in the rear fill pods.

I originally wanted to put the LRx 4.1K in here, but it's over 21" long and I just couldn't make it fit. If I go with the sealed enclosure, not likely, then I may be able to make it work, but otherwise it's going in another place.

PortedEnclosureWithAmpRackDrawer4TopView.jpg

PortedEnclosurewithAmpRackLogoCap.jpg

The top drawer has been reserved for the "TOP SHELF" processor! The Audison Bit One! This one had to be altered in order to get it to fit and follow the same layout from the top view perspective. All the drawers are 2.5" tall to accommodate the amps and have some extra for a chamfered edge around the amp on the panel. Well the Bit One sits about an inch lower than the amps do. So in order to get it raised up, I had to put a 1/2" bottom on the drawer to raise it up a half inch, then put a top panel on it to be chamfered. So this is where the plexi gets a little dicey cause I'd be worried about that being seen. But this guy will have a drawer all to himself, so the RCA's and other wiring can be laid out nice and wide and have no issues with bends etc.

PortedEnclosurewithAmpRackLogoCap.jpg

This is what it's like with the top plate above the top drawer. Just a space filler really. No drawer fronts on this one.

PortedEnclosurewithAmpRackandDrawerFronts.jpg

Here are the drawer fronts. Each drawer has a cutout on it to frame in the plexi windows. These may be chamfered as well. I really think this look along with the ported box flows very well together.

Finally, as I said before, the LRx 4.1k had to go somewhere. It's pretty large in size so I had to make sure I have enough room for it to breath and really showcase itself much like the Bit One. It's so impressive, I think it deserves to be center stage. Here she is, in the rear deck and all her glory!

PortedEnclosurewithAmpRackandRearDeckAmpRack.jpg

PortedEnclosurewithAmpRackandRearDeckAmpRackTop.jpg

PortedEnclosurewithAmpRackandRearDeckAmpRackRearTop.jpg

So all drawers will be operated by an actuator and a switch.

What do you guys think!?! I personally love it, however, I still have the enclosure dilemma to deal with. So what does everyone think!? :peepwall:

Archived